Group Versions Not Showing All Versions

dwyatt

JohnB86

Shouldn't there be a "-" between the year and the version name ?

Movie (1977) - [Version1]

Movie (1977) - [Version2]

This is my setup for that same movie which works perfectly

image.png.97e82f62503dc97858fe754f9d8c2655.png

image.png.c87c8adbed7abc05fae3cfd08f59fa81.png

Edited by JohnB86

dwyatt
3 hours ago, JohnB86 said:

Movie (1977) - [Version1]

Movie (1977) - [Version2]

This is my setup for that same movie which works perfectly

image.png.97e82f62503dc97858fe754f9d8c2655.png

image.png.c87c8adbed7abc05fae3cfd08f59fa81.png

No, it works perfectly fine without the "-" on a new server instance. And it 'works' on mine too as long as it's only 2 movies. I've tried every combination of "-" and "[]" (and without) and nothing works for me to get more than 2 items grouped. This is some sort of problem with my database I think. 

@dwyattofficially, yes. This is what our documentation says.

Happy2Play

But the legacy or undocumented bracket still work as I show previously.

image.png.9bba89c9b9830291471bfd8abb215aa6.png

As for this I don't see how it worked for the original named version, unless the plugin is being used as it does not honor naming scheme requirements. @JohnB86

image.png

I guess it is actually using the first dash in your case as it displays only Star Wars ie the wrong name.

Edited by Happy2Play

dwyatt
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Luke said:

@dwyattofficially, yes. This is what our documentation says.

Including the '-' doesn't work either. I tested that before and just retested now. The only thing that works is spinning up a brand new server where it works perfectly fine. 

image.png.ba7e289c95a7aa51f68f98c084241b90.png

image.png.06c63687efe2c7bac51f4d181611b45e.png

After splitting apart:

image.thumb.png.d908e4398a9eebe2eb7ca14fe95cee82.png

@LukeAny ideas for where I can look in the database itself to figure out what is going on here? I'm comfortable navigating around the database.

image.png

Edited by dwyatt

What if you remove and readd the library as an alternative to a new server?

dwyatt
4 hours ago, Luke said:

What if you remove and readd the library as an alternative to a new server?

@LukeNo dice, I've tried making a new library entirely (with default settings for new library) and it behaves identically. My testing above is using that new library (this is the only movie in that library). It seems to be something global on the server level that is causing it. Can you tell me where in the database the grouping is done? I tried looking myself but couldn't find a column that seemed to indicate any sort of grouping together. 

56 minutes ago, dwyatt said:

@LukeNo dice, I've tried making a new library entirely (with default settings for new library) and it behaves identically. My testing above is using that new library (this is the only movie in that library). It seems to be something global on the server level that is causing it. Can you tell me where in the database the grouping is done? I tried looking myself but couldn't find a column that seemed to indicate any sort of grouping together. 

What exactly did you do?

dwyatt
15 hours ago, Luke said:

What exactly did you do?

Do with regards to what? Making a new library? 

1. Make new media folder on my server for this test with a single folder inside for the movie with the movie files show previously.
  2. Server Manager > Library > New Library button, content type = movies, added this new folder, save
  3. It then scans in with all 3 movies grouped together but only 2 are visible. Can split to 3 but when manually grouping it's still only 2 showing.
  4. Spun up a new instance of emby with default config, added a single library in same manner as above and this time it works.

My conclusion is thus (and it might be completely wrong) that there's something about my server config (not the library) that is causing the issue. My server is ancient at this point. Like I've been using Emby since day 1 (was a MediaBrowser user starting in 2010). Is is possible something is left over from way back and causing this? Where in the database is this grouping together stored? I'd like to confirm whether it's doing that properly at all so we can narrow down where the problem might be.