Port forwarding issue: Solved

clarkss12

Q-Droid
2 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

I think this what you are talking about,  They both are using 192.168.10.64, so they match...

<image removed>

Is that a clickable button?

It needs to match the 108.77.x.x IP address.

Edited by Q-Droid

Q-Droid
1 minute ago, clarkss12 said:

Is this what you are looking for?

internet status.jpg

Yes. Toggle it off then on again.

clarkss12
1 minute ago, Q-Droid said:

Yes. Toggle it off then on again.

I toggled it off and on, nothing changed.

Q-Droid

Let's try this.

Power off/unplug Asus router.

Restart the AT&T gateway, via power or from web UI.

When you get a solid white light on the ATT gateway then power on the router.

• Like 1

Q-Droid
2 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

Are these settings what you are looking for?

WAN 2.jpg

WAN 1.jpg

WAN 3.jpg

No, you don't need to mess with these right now.

clarkss12

Both WAN addresses matches, one from Emby dashboard and one for the AT&T modem.  Don't know if that means anything.

ip address 2.jpg

ip address 1.jpg

Edited by clarkss12

Q-Droid

Does the Internet Status page on the Asus router also match and not the 192.168.1.64 address anymore?

Edit: The ATT device list should have the same IP for your Asus router.

Edited by Q-Droid

clarkss12
11 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Does the Internet Status page on the Asus router also match and not the 192.168.1.64 address anymore?

Edit: The ATT device list should have the same IP for your Asus router.

Yes, they both match the 192.168.1.64

clarkss12

As I recall there, used to be situation where you could not "loop back" or something like that, so I could not use the Emby connect on a PC.  My Emby server is running on a miniPC.  Different from my PC that I am testing the Emby Connect login.

clarkss12

I have a IP camera system running on a Synology NAS and I can still access my cameras with my WiFi turned off on my cell phone...........

I also have a photo app with the app "server" running on that Synology NAS and it is working........ 

Maybe I don't have any issues.  

I won't know until I try to setup the Emby client on my nephews Android TV box.

A week ago, I took the ONN Android TV box to his house (my old one) and connected it to his TV. It already had Emby installed, and it played my media from my server perfectly.  However, I reformatted that device so it did not have my information.

Edited by clarkss12

Q-Droid

Something isn't right. Your Asus router internet IP address should be the same as the one you see on the Emby dashboard. NAT loopback can be an issue for some and I don't know if your Asus allows or blocks that.

Did you open ports for your cameras? Synology might be using their proxy service to let you access the cameras remotely so I wouldn't focus on that right now. 

Is the Asus router the only device plugged into the ATT gateway? The other ethernet ports unused? If so can you change the ATT Passthrough settings from DHCPS-fixed to DHCPS-dynamic? Restart the Asus router after saving the change on ATT gateway.

• Agree 1

clarkss12
7 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Something isn't right. Your Asus router internet IP address should be the same as the one you see on the Emby dashboard. NAT loopback can be an issue for some and I don't know if your Asus allows or blocks that.

Did you open ports for your cameras? Synology might be using their proxy service to let you access the cameras remotely so I wouldn't focus on that right now. 

No

Is the Asus router the only device plugged into the ATT gateway?  YES

The other ethernet ports unused? YES

If so can you change the ATT Passthrough settings from DHCPS-fixed to DHCPS-dynamic? OK

Restart the Asus router after saving the change on ATT gateway. OK

clarkss12
5 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

Nothing changes.  Asus still showing 192.168.10.64

clarkss12
21 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Is the Asus router the only device plugged into the ATT gateway? The other ethernet ports unused? If so can you change the ATT Passthrough settings from DHCPS-fixed to DHCPS-dynamic? Restart the Asus router after saving the change on ATT gateway.

Bingo, you got it..........  Rebooted the AT&T modem and NOW my Asus WAN Ip matches the EMBY WAN address..................

THANK you....  I guess making it Dynamic rather than static solved the problem.  Now I will test Emby connect.

• Thanks 1

clarkss12

I still can not connect using Emby Connect on PC or using browser on cell phone.

clarkss12

Drove quite aways away, and Emby worked great on my cellular phone using cellular data....... PERFECT. thank you.

clarkss12
1 hour ago, Q-Droid said:

You are amazing!!  Thank you for helping me setup my new fiber modem/router.  You are a genius!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Q-Droid

I'm glad it's working for you but honestly it shouldn't have been this difficult or flaky. And by flaky I mean the changes not wanting to take effect between the gateway and the router. Not sure at this point if it was the change in passthrough DHCPS or something else along with the restarts.  Oh well, at least you've tested the remote access.

One more suggestion - you might want to remove the images/captures that have some of your network details.

Edited by Q-Droid

clarkss12
1 hour ago, Q-Droid said:

I'm glad it's working for you but honestly it shouldn't have been this difficult or flaky. And by flaky I mean the changes not wanting to take effect between the gateway and the router. Not sure at this point if it was the change in passthrough DHCPS or something else along with the restarts.  Oh well, at least you've tested the remote access.

One more suggestion - you might want to remove the images/captures that have some of your network details.

I can't figure out how to delete the images, there is no edit button??

Edit: found out how to delete the images........ Done...........

thanks again.

Edited by clarkss12
  • Like 1

rbjtech
9 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

Thanks for taking it on and getting it resolved from my initial 'try this' suggestion  @Q-Droid 😎   I'm in the UK so didn't pick it up again until this morning ...

• Thanks 1

Q-Droid
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Thanks for taking it on and getting it resolved from my initial 'try this' suggestion  @Q-Droid 😎   I'm in the UK so didn't pick it up again until this morning ...

It took a few rounds to make it look right though it appeared to be working. After sleeping on it I suspect that browser cache might have been a factor in the Asus router not showing the right config before it finally did.

• Agree 1

jaycedk

@Q-Droidon my old asus router, i always had to ctrl+f5 to refresh the UI.

And sometimes I had to do that and log in again.

I did run merlin firmware on it, so not sure about the stock ui.

• Like 1

Q-Droid
7 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

@Q-Droidon my old asus router, i always had to ctrl+f5 to refresh the UI.

And sometimes I had to do that and log in again.

I did run merlin firmware on it, so not sure about the stock ui.

That makes sense.