New libraries with old files > "already watched" gone

Soki

Soki

Hi

due to a rights issue which prevented the existing libraries from seeing any file in them i had to re-create all my libraries new. So what i did was just create a new "Series" library and pointed it to the existing series folder. After that and after the scan the library can now see the files in the folder again. The favourites which were previosly defined are automatically and correctly set too.

BUT sadly it seems like that the system does now not know which movies/series have already been watched which creates a big mess for me.
Can you give me advice on how to restore that?

Also there seems to be a discrepancy between some folders within the series folder. For some i can set a picture, for some i cant. If i go via "identify > imdb t123456" the series can be found and the data gets fetched, but no picture will be set. Same goes for the library folders. Please advise on where to look first. 

Thankyou
Soki

Edited by Soki

Also there seems to be a discrepancy between some folders within the series folder. For some i can set a picture, for some i cant. If i go via "identify > imdb t123456" the series can be found and the data gets fetched, but no picture will be set. Same goes for the library folders. Please advise on where to look first. 

Hi, try using the tvdb id instead.

due to a rights issue which prevented the existing libraries from seeing any file in them i had to re-create all my libraries new. So what i did was just create a new "Series" library and pointed it to the existing series folder. After that and after the scan the library can now see the files in the folder again. The favourites which were previosly defined are automatically and correctly set too.

BUT sadly it seems like that the system does now not know which movies/series have already been watched which creates a big mess for me.
Can you give me advice on how to restore that?

This is a tougher question. Can you please provide an example? Thanks.

Soki

Hi Luke,

thanks for reaching out. Since its only getting more and more complex i a thinking about just starting over new with my libraries.
but do this, i need to know how to start over clean. some folder have jps's inside them, for other files it seems the pictures are stored in another folder.

what would be the procedure to "clean out" everything? i want to just deleted the libraries, then delete ALL pictures and metadata information, then create new libraries and start a fresh scan. Could you advise me what to do to make sure everything is clean and fresh without actually re-installing emby?

thanks
soki

Schleudertrauma

It depends on what you set in your library settings for each library. Did you enabled the option to store pictures in the media directories then the pictures are stored next to your media files.

On 2/16/2024 at 3:26 PM, Soki said:

Hi Luke,

thanks for reaching out. Since its only getting more and more complex i a thinking about just starting over new with my libraries.
but do this, i need to know how to start over clean. some folder have jps's inside them, for other files it seems the pictures are stored in another folder.

what would be the procedure to "clean out" everything? i want to just deleted the libraries, then delete ALL pictures and metadata information, then create new libraries and start a fresh scan. Could you advise me what to do to make sure everything is clean and fresh without actually re-installing emby?

thanks
soki

I suppose you could remove all libraries, complete a full scan to clean out the database and then add them back.

Soki

hm ill have that in mind. thanks. 

so, deleting the metadata folder, deleting all jpg's and nfo's in mediafolders, deleting cache and cleaning db as stated above, thats all i can do right? or is there any other which i need to consider for starting over fresh?

I suppose you could do a fresh install if you really wanted.