'Video Type' Filtering

DoeBoye

DoeBoye

Unfortunately, my system does not support Dolby Vision. Usually not an issue, except for profile 5, because it does not have the HDR fallback. I'm trying to isolate any movies in my library that are profile 5, but the filtering does not go granular enough. I can filter on 'Video Type' (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision), but cannot see which profile of Dolby Vision without manually going into each movie record individually.

So my question: Is there a way to filter on 'Dolby Profile'? :)

HI, yes we can certainly look at expanding on this in future updates. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

DoeBoye
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, yes we can certainly look at expanding on this in future updates. Thanks.

Fantastic! Thank you :). Would you like me to put a request in the Feature Request Forum?

DoeBoye
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

We can just move this topic to there. Thanks.

Great! I appreciate your time! Have a good night :)

• Thanks 1

rbjtech

As a workaround - you could install the MediaInfo plugin which also has the ability to write the Codecs as Emby Tags - thus you can then filter the library how you like as it will identify the DV5,7 and 8 profiles and a lot more besides - 'Atmos' etc etc

Standard version is in the Emby catalogue, enhanced version is here - https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/108984-mediainfo-for-emby-pluginhdr-vision-atmos-dtsx/&do=findComment&comment=1327670

image.png.7c12feed46809208590a9398bd25baf4.png

• Thanks 1

DoeBoye
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

As a workaround - you could install the MediaInfo plugin which also has the ability to write the Codecs as Emby Tags - thus you can then filter the library how you like as it will identify the DV5,7 and 8 profiles and a lot more besides - 'Atmos' etc etc

Standard version is in the Emby catalogue, enhanced version is here - https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/108984-mediainfo-for-emby-pluginhdr-vision-atmos-dtsx/&do=findComment&comment=1327670

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out!

DoeBoye
3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Are there any instructions on how to install this in the official EmbyServer Docker? I've found instructions for the Linuxserver Emby docker, but the instructions don't work for the official EmbyServer docker.

rbjtech
10 minutes ago, DoeBoye said:

Are there any instructions on how to install this in the official EmbyServer Docker? I've found instructions for the Linuxserver Emby docker, but the instructions don't work for the official EmbyServer docker.

these are the instructions from the wiki right ?

https://github.com/Cheesegeezer/MediaInfoWiki/wiki/Various-OS-Installation-Help#5-docker

I'm not a docker not unix guy, but if you explain the issues, others may be able to help.   If successful, I can add to the wiki for others.

Please could you list the errors you are getting ?

DoeBoye
On 15/02/2024 at 14:28, rbjtech said:

these are the instructions from the wiki right ?

https://github.com/Cheesegeezer/MediaInfoWiki/wiki/Various-OS-Installation-Help#5-docker

I'm not a docker not unix guy, but if you explain the issues, others may be able to help.   If successful, I can add to the wiki for others.

Please could you list the errors you are getting ?

From what I have been able to find, I believe the reason this is not working is because the official Emby docker does not have a package manager installed in order to reduce file size and increase security. Looks like switching to the LinuxServer docker is the only way to get this version of the MediaInfo plugin working.

Hopefully more granular filtering options for video type gets added eventually :) .

Thanks All!

Edited by DoeBoye

rbjtech

Emby does have the full DV type in it's db (look in the emby media info - it shows the full profile) - unfortunately it just does not use it for this level of filtering, but could do very easily..

Emby is almost there with HDR (excl HDR10+), but it still has some way to go with Audio codecs - mainly because ffmpeg has not yet caught up - and still does not show object based support such as Atmos and DTS:X ... :(

My Enhanced MediaInfo plugin is a fork of the original code from @Cheesegeezer- who unfortunately does not seem to be active these days - so I may ask the Admins to replace with my version but need to do some more testing and enhancements first - as some of the code is a little er.. sloppy.. haha. (I'm not a Dev, I'm a network/security guy ..) 🫣

Edited by rbjtech