New Lg 1.0.41 stuck on loading screen

swenth
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

unisoft
On 16/02/2024 at 12:38, SamES said:

I can reproduce this issue - not everytime, and I know the issue - it is a bit of an obscure one.

Try this when it's stuck:

• Press Home to display the app ribbon
  • Navigate up to the 'Emby' app title on the top left Hand side
  • Select the 'x' close button that appears - this will close the app.
  • Relaunch the app

image.thumb.png.6219febbe3f30c962b0d533fbfe40950.png

After installing, and reported to Luke, EVERY one of our LG's TVs has hung after install, but closing the app and relaunching sorts it.

However, we have had one instance of an OLEDC6V doing this randomly (i.e. days after the upgrade where it was working).  TV's are not rooted and three different models with different WebOS versions, all on latest official LG firmware releases. Models affected for (wider) family are: OLED55C6V, LJ32610V and 50NANO766QA. All UK models.

• Like 1

Tank_Killer

I also have this on my unrooted 55UM7300AUE webOS 4.10.0-10 Emby most times wont load and stuck at the logo screen. I can exit/restart and normally works again.  I have deleted/re-installed the app from the package manager included on the tv "LG content store"

• Thanks 1

NAA67
On 2/22/2024 at 9:01 AM, Luke said:

We've submitted an update to LG to resolve this. Thanks guys.

Do you know approximately when the update will arrive at the LG Store?  We have not been able to use Emby on TV for more than 2 weeks 😔 Thank you and congratulations for the great work, Emby is a great use! 💯

nanuk

I also can confirm the problem described in this topic on both of my LG TVs.
But I can see any pattern because it's only happening sometimes... maybe 1 out of 10 times emby starts and hangs in startup screen.

Switching back to Live TV and closng the Emby App via "Task Manager" and start it again solves the prob (same on both of my LG TVs)

Edited by nanuk
  • Like 1

SamES
1 hour ago, NAA67 said:

Do you know approximately when the update will arrive at the LG Store?  We have not been able to use Emby on TV for more than 2 weeks 😔 Thank you and congratulations for the great work, Emby is a great use! 💯

We don't know for sure, but hoping LG will process this quickly.

For now, have you tried these steps?  This should allow you to keep using it. Just be aware that for your model that may be different ways to access and terminate the app.

Ijven

Hi, 

I just wanted to say, 
I yielded, I buckled, and I acquiesced... and bought a NVIDIA Shield... 

To be fair I was playing with the idea before, to replace my hardware steamlink, but this issue pushed me over the edge.
Got to say, I'm impressed with the android tv app, performance is loads better than the native TV app (due to the TV performance I'm sure)!

Thanks for the help in any case.
I will test when the app drops on LG OS and report back though.

Cheers!

NAA67
19 hours ago, SamES said:

We don't know for sure, but hoping LG will process this quickly.

For now, have you tried these steps?  This should allow you to keep using it. Just be aware that for your model that may be different ways to access and terminate the app.

It works for me, thank you very much!

• Like 1

supermood

Stuck on loading screen as well. re install no change, closing opening again no change 

SamES
3 hours ago, supermood said:

Stuck on loading screen as well. re install no change, closing opening again no change 

Make sure you are terminating (not just closing the app to the background) see my earlier post. 

20 minutes ago, Slopelitter said:

Has the update been pushed out yet? 

Hi, It is currently in LG review.

Hi, Emby for LG 1.0.42 has been released. Thanks everyone.

• Thanks 1

unisoft
5 hours ago, djMesias said:

LG 1.0.4.2 seems to work without problems.

Thanks!

Working OK so far, but will keep monitoring as the recurrence was random.

• Thanks 1

SamES
2 hours ago, unisoft said:

Working OK so far, but will keep monitoring as the recurrence was random.

Thanks, I don't expect you will see it as the root cause has been identifed and resolved, but please let me know if you do

• Thanks 1

Tank_Killer

HI starts every time now, just a lot slower to load.  thanks for the work guys!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Edward_p

HI, just to confirm, I got an update from the LG store (on March 17 2024) and the start-up issue has been fixed.

One new potential issue:

to fix the current issue in the title, you had to press the back button and move the cursor over to the left upper corner until a red X appeared to force close the app.

The new issue is that if you press the back button, a menu from emby appears on the left side and it covers the red X button. Cannot force close the app anymore. Not a real issue, however I thought you would like to know.

SamES
7 minutes ago, Edward_p said:

HI, just to confirm, I got an update from the LG store (on March 17 2024) and the start-up issue has been fixed.

One new potential issue:

to fix the current issue in the title, you had to press the back button and move the cursor over to the left upper corner until a red X appeared to force close the app.

The new issue is that if you press the back button, a menu from emby appears on the left side and it covers the red X button. Cannot force close the app anymore. Not a real issue, however I thought you would like to know.

Thanks for the feedback. The red 'x' to close the app is part of the webOS overlay, so it should be on top of all the emby elements.   Can you please provide a photo showing what you mean? 

Edward_p
On 3/18/2024 at 9:01 PM, SamES said:

Thanks for the feedback. The red 'x' to close the app is part of the webOS overlay, so it should be on top of all the emby elements.   Can you please provide a photo showing what you mean? 

Sorry. My mistake. It is not a real issue.
If I press only once the back button on my remote, I get the overlay on the left without seeing the red X button.
If I double click the back button on my remote, I get the overlay + the red X on top of it. - which I can use correctly.
If I hold the back button for a few seconds, the app minimizes or closes (not sure)
Everything is OK now. No more complaints.

• Thanks 2