New Lg 1.0.41 stuck on loading screen

swenth
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

SamES

I can reproduce this issue - not everytime, and I know the issue - it is a bit of an obscure one.

Try this when it's stuck:

• Press Home to display the app ribbon
  • Navigate up to the 'Emby' app title on the top left Hand side
  • Select the 'x' close button that appears - this will close the app.
  • Relaunch the app

image.thumb.png.6219febbe3f30c962b0d533fbfe40950.png

• Thanks 2

SamES
52 minutes ago, swenth said:

Maybe disable quickstart+ in settings could be a fix

Need someone to test

I was thinking this as well, but I can confirm it doesn't resolve it

Ijven
1 hour ago, SamES said:

I can reproduce this issue - not every time, and I know the issue - it is a bit of an obscure one.

Try this when it's stuck:

• Relaunch the app

image.thumb.png.6219febbe3f30c962b0d533fbfe40950.png

ok, so I tried this and it does work to close the app and go back in, but that was also the case when you switched apps.
When you restart the tv (either by remote or loss of power) you are back to the hanging logo screen on startup.

(good to  know that you can actually close the app this way, didn't know this)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

SamES
5 hours ago, Ijven said:

ok, so I tried this and it does work to close the app and go back in, but that was also the case when you switched apps.
When you restart the tv (either by remote or loss of power) you are back to the hanging logo screen on startup.

(good to  know that you can actually close the app this way, didn't know this)

Awesome, thanks for confirming.  At least it's a quick way to recover while we get a new release out.

Yes, I believe this is the only way to actually terminate an app (particularly on older models)

• Thanks 1

Edward_p

Can confirm that Holding the Home button, then closing the emby app + opening it again works on my LG WEBOS 6 - standard/ non root.

Previously I have tried holding the back button and closing the app from the ribbon. It did not work.

however this method does not work all the time.

I mean, I close it and when I launch it a second time, it will still freeze. A third time it worked.

Of course, after powering off/on, it will still freeze.

At least it's better than not using the app at all.

Mr.Berzerk

I'm having the same issue since the update LG app update, I'm running Emby Server Version 4.8.1.0.
My LG tv is NOT rooted. Tried deleting the app. Sometimes it works though. 1 in 25 chance.

Mr.Berzerk

I followed the close the app and reopen method, and that gets me in, but like others said, I have to do this every time I turn the tv off then on again.

gav1nth0mas

I've been following this topic on Reddit as well and someone suggested resetting the device profile for the tv (emby/devices), i deleted the profile and then logged on again and the issue seems to be resolved as i have tried a few times since and emby has loaded every time.

• Like 1

SamES
2 minutes ago, gav1nth0mas said:

I've been following this topic on Reddit as well and someone suggested resetting the device profile for the tv (emby/devices), i deleted the profile and then logged on again and the issue seems to be resolved as i have tried a few times since and emby has loaded every time.

It's an intermittent issue, so it doesn't always occur, but removing the profile doesn't address the cause.  I'm 100% certain that this won't have fixed the issue - you will see it again.

There will be an update soon that will resolve this issue.

Wayne1801

Why is it you think you are doing the right thing by updating your apps and all is ends up doing is causing problems, specially when you are unable to return to a previous version.

Slopelitter

Ill keep checking back for the update although strange that it worked for a few days for me after the update then last night it stuck on the emby startup screen. 

PXL_20240220_070339962.jpg

Edited by Slopelitter

SamES
2 hours ago, Slopelitter said:

Ill keep checking back for the update although strange that it worked for a few days for me after the update then last night it stuck on the emby startup screen. 

Yes, it in my testing, it is quite random.

This is a relatively quick way to recover if it doesn't start.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/126147-new-lg-1041-stuck-on-loading-screen/&do=findComment&comment=1328610

Slopelitter
38 minutes ago, SamES said:

Yes, it in my testing, it is quite random.

This is a relatively quick way to recover if it doesn't start.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/126147-new-lg-1041-stuck-on-loading-screen/&do=findComment&comment=1328610

I loaded plex as a work around for now kind of slow menus but at least my wife can watch her shows until you get it working again. 

dimitrik

Same problem here on my LG B2 OLED as of today. None of the workarounds work for me, so I'm stuck until an update comes...

SamES
7 minutes ago, dimitrik said:

Same problem here on my LG B2 OLED as of today. None of the workarounds work for me, so I'm stuck until an update comes...

I’m surprised this didn’t work for you. The very important step is closing the app using the ‘x’ 

• Relaunch the app

iselehome

For me with a B9 (2019) Series LG OLED the "Close Emby App" is not possible with mentioned Workaround, because this "X" would not show up.

So either uninstall + reinstall after every start, or starting via app store directly after start of TV neccessary.

This could be handled by me, but not my daughter or my wife...

Behaviour was like:
Directly after the update connection to emby server had to be manually choosen for 1-2 days, after that it directly fell into that "doing nothing Screen" with every single restart of TV.

SamES
2 minutes ago, iselehome said:

For me with a B9 (2019) Series LG OLED the "Close Emby App" is not possible with mentioned Workaround, because this "X" would not show up.

So either uninstall + reinstall after every start, or starting via app store directly after start of TV neccessary.

This could be handled by me, but not my daughter or my wife...

Behaviour was like:
Directly after the update connection to emby server had to be manually choosen for 1-2 days, after that it directly fell into that "doing nothing Screen" with every single restart of TV.

For the B9 (and possibly later models) what happens if you hold down the home button?  Do you get an option to close the app?  Then try and launch it again

NAA67

I have the same error, the version of my LG TV is 05.70.35 , no method works for me, please, we need an update.

• Solution

We've submitted an update to LG to resolve this. Thanks guys.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

iselehome
1 hour ago, SamES said:

For the B9 (and possibly later models) what happens if you hold down the home button?  Do you get an option to close the app?  Then try and launch it again

OK closing App only possible if "classic" Dashboard is activated. Using the new dashboard doesn't give the close but falls back to last input.

Then holding Home works for closing, but still have to go the "start from appstore" route

cassete

Muito obrigado Luke... Irei verificar a atualização. Pois muitos usuários estavam com problemas.

• Thanks 1

RobsterUK

This same issue has just happened to me.

I updated the app about a week ago and we've used the app everyday since the update without issue.

Attempted to open it this evening and get the splash screen and nothing else. Will try removing and re-installing.

Glad to hear a new version has been submitted for review. I hope LG turn this around as quickly as the Emby Devs have 😉

SamES

Remove and reinstall won’t fix this.  It’s not an installation issue, it’s a launch issue when the internal LG api services don’t start up quick enough.  That is why it is so random.  Terminating and reloading the app is the best approach as the services generally load quicker the second time and this problem is avoided.  For older models, the app can be terminated like this  

• Relaunch the app

For newer models, there are other methods to terminate the app. I don’t know all of them. Some require holding down the Home key on the remote, some need holding down the back/return key. Google your model and find out how to terminate an app if these methods don’t work. 

The important part is terminating, not just closing the app to the background. 

• Agree 1