No compatible streams available / No such file or directory

SiegeGoose

SiegeGoose

Hi all,

Really hoping someone can help me. Since upgrading Emby on my TrueNAS box yesterday and now I can't get any playback from the media on the server. Apologies in advanced, I am a novice with both Emby and TrueNAS scale.

When trying to playback media I get the message: "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

Originally (and looking at some threads on here) I thought this could be a permissions issue, checked the ACL and everything seems fine, nothing has changed since initial setup and its been working fine up until this point. However, on close inspection of the log files I can see that is shows "No such file or directory",

The media sits on the same server that Emby runs on, and I can connect to the share from my PC and confirm that all the media is in the correct file paths and can be played locally through VLC.

I have attached the logs (sanitized IP addresses in them) and would be grateful if someone could advise or point me in the right direction I would be greatful.

Not sure if its relevant, but I started a backup to BackBlaze B2 today using the cloud sync tasks in TrueNAS. Again, not sure if this is relevant at all but its the only other thing thats changed on the server apart from the Emby upgrade yesterday. I have halted the backup until I can get to the bottom of this issue.

Emby: 4.8.1.0_2.0.2

Screenshot 2024-02-12 030713.png

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-e3a973eb-96fe-480b-9652-8d7bc6f9c9bd_1.txt

Edited by SiegeGoose
Added halted backup line.

SiegeGoose
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, does this topic help you resolve it?

No dice I'm afraid, TrueNAS Scale seems to deal with its permissions differently (it doesn't use jails), there is no user 989, nor can I assign it through ACL.

Worth mentioning when I initially set it up I had to folder owner permissions to bin (ID: 2) in order for Emby to be able to see the share. This worked fine initially. I've noticed today that it can still see the media, but some of the artwork is now failing to load. The initial error still remains.

At the bottom of the ffmpeg-transcode log I see the following error on all files:

18:59:53.862 ffmpeg version 5.1-emby_2023_06_25 Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC
18:59:53.863 built with gcc 10.3.0 (crosstool-NG 1.25.0)
18:59:53.863 Execution Date: 2024-02-12 18:59:53
18:59:53.864 /EmbyData/Films/John Wick Series/John Wick Chapter 4 2023 V2 1080p HDTS x264 AAC - HushRips.mkv: No such file or directory
18:59:53.865 EXIT

As before, can confirm that the media is in the correct location as mentioned above, and I can access the directory from my PC over SMB (see screenshot).

Screenshot 2024-02-12 190900.png