Login issues after 4.8.1.0 upgrade

DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977

Hi

I'm experience some issues on login from users to Emby after 4.1.8 upgrade.

My users (4 family people) that are not living with me, had access to Emby before the upgrade by having an Embyconnect account each one.

This allowed them to setup their own password and to me just linking the user with the Emby Connect account and not having to setup a password for them.

Since I've upgraded none of them are able to login into my server with their emby connect credentials:

WhatsAppImage2024-02-09at23_31_25.thumb.jpeg.95849b27615be163b00f899076dcc436.jpeg

Is this now a normal behaviour and I have to setup a password by myself to each one of them ?

The main purpose I've used the Emby Connect method was for privacy not having to know their passwords ...

Thanks in advance.

Edited by DarkStar1977

Hi.  What happens if you try and re-connect their Emby Connect accounts by blanking out the email address and saving and then re-adding it and saving and having them confirm again with the link in the email?

DarkStar1977
On 2/11/2024 at 3:18 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  What happens if you try and re-connect their Emby Connect accounts by blanking out the email address and saving and then re-adding it and saving and having them confirm again with the link in the email?

I can confirm that making what you suggested is not solving the issue, the emby connect password is still failing :(

Happy2Play

I have a similar issue.  Do you have remote access enabled on the users?

Does the optional Connect email address appear in their user profile?

My issue is I have multiple servers linked to the same account and if you disable remote access on one server it will block all servers access.  But can't say this is new as I only test with Connect.

DarkStar1977
52 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I have a similar issue.  Do you have remote access enabled on the users?

Does the optional Connect email address appear in their user profile?

My issue is I have multiple servers linked to the same account and if you disable remote access on one server it will block all servers access.  But can't say this is new as I only test with Connect.

I Only have 1 Server and Yes I have remote access to the users because all of them are remote.

And yes the optional Connect Emaill adress appear in their user profile.

In my case this started to happen since I've upgraded from 4.7.14 to 4.8.1 ... an update full of things not working and with no possibillity to rollback due database changes ....

If this is not solved soon in 2 weeks I will delete emby and will reinstal 4.7,14 and will stay on that version FOREVER, and I'm not getting back to Plex just because does not support showing special episodes in the correct season location, because the other reasons I moved to emby, having the missing and upcoming episodes visible inside the seasons have been removed.

Edited by DarkStar1977

On 2/13/2024 at 3:49 AM, DarkStar1977 said:

@Lukeremote users are using native iOS application, and fails.

I understand, 

But can you reproduce with the hosted web app?

http://app.emby.media

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
DarkStar1977

@LukeI can confirm that no user has access since the upgrade through the web application.

The server selection on web application shows the internal IP adress instead the WAN Adress that's shown in native iOS / Windows/ Mac Clients.

1 hour ago, DarkStar1977 said:

@LukeI can confirm that no user has access since the upgrade through the web application.

The server selection on web application shows the internal IP adress instead the WAN Adress that's shown in native iOS / Windows/ Mac Clients.

Hi, what makes you think they have no access?

DarkStar1977
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what makes you think they have no access?

That I've tested by myself and I don't have access

10 hours ago, DarkStar1977 said:

That I've tested by myself and I don't have access

What exactly do you mean by "don't have access" ?

DarkStar1977
32 minutes ago, Luke said:

What exactly do you mean by "don't have access" ?

When I access from a browser, of course from a non local IP to app.emby.media and I log in with my embyconnect credentials, the Server is shown with the internal IP Adress:

image.png.8dc684a5119195940f7b6f7623ec3222.png

And Clicking on it result on Server not Reachable message.

What is the exact message that you get?

DarkStar1977
1 hour ago, Luke said:

What is the exact message that you get?

I have it in Spanish but a translation will be:

NASFLiX Server cannot be reached

We cannot connect to the selected server at this moment. Please check that is running and try again.

Happy2Play

And you click the three dot context menu and select view server info does it list LAN and WAN info?  Sound like WAN info is unknown and cannot connect while you are remote.

But mine shows both LAN and WAN, and am able to connect via online app.

DarkStar1977
7 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

And you click the three dot context menu and select view server info does it list LAN and WAN info?  Sound like WAN info is unknown and cannot connect while you are remote.

But mine shows both LAN and WAN, and am able to connect via online app.

Shows both, LAN and WAN but cannot connect.

The issue is limited to the web app (app.emby.media), other clients like iOS, TvOS, Android can connect with no issues and show by default WAN adress.

BTW,  this all comes because after the upgrade, my embyconnect users cannot connect, and I have to setup an individual password for each of them.

18 hours ago, DarkStar1977 said:

I have it in Spanish but a translation will be:

NASFLiX Server cannot be reached

We cannot connect to the selected server at this moment. Please check that is running and try again.

There should be more. Can you please provide the rest? What address is in the browser address bar? (the full address)

DarkStar1977
Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 4:58 AM, Luke said:

There should be more. Can you please provide the rest? What address is in the browser address bar? (the full address)

https://app.emby.media/#!/startup/selectserver.html

image.thumb.png.954b8ef46860e202717be2561b046182.png

image.thumb.png.222f911867306bd877b212004aadf2e5.png

There's nothing else ...

PS: NASDATA is a test server has no external traffic enabled and STALAN belongs to a friend so has a different WAN adress.

Edited by DarkStar1977

if you are using https://app.emby.media, then this can only connect to https server urls.

Since these servers do not have https setup, you need to use the http version instead: http://app.emby.media