Testing disagree icon

Abobader

You shall not do too many things in parallel.
You shall not do too many thi....

disagree1e.zip

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Done, so let me know what look best from the 3 icons.

• Disagree 2

darkassassin07

Idk, I still like the darkest option. The mid-range makes the white '-1' seem brighter to me.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

jaycedk

Guess we need to be quick, about testing.

The icons is in the wild.

And they can be selected on postes in the forum.

So can we agree to disagree 😂🤣

• Haha 2

We should not compare the three among each other. We need to put it next to the green one because that's the relation which matters.

• Like 1

Just now, softworkz said:

that's the relation which matters.

...guys: it's really not a matter of taste, it's a matter of balance. That's the important side.

• Like 1

Or put differently: When taking the dark one, we would need to adjust the green one to make it look balanced. 😬

Q-Droid

Any concerns that this might invite pile-ons and fuel flame wars?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

If someone would come to misuse it, we can replace it with a heart icon 😉 

• Haha 1

Q-Droid
1 minute ago, softworkz said:

If someone would come to misuse it, we can replace it with a heart icon 😉 

Heart is good, already have "sad", perhaps a full "cry" and a snowflake could be added. 

I only bring it up because adding social media elements can reinforce social media behavior. But hey, I'll just wear big boy pants and all will be good.🙂

• Like 1

Or better: We set up a new group called "Needs Love" in which we put any misbehavers. 

The special feature of that group is: No matter which reaction button a user clicks - it always ends up being a heart icon 🙂 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

But for a serious answer: I suggested -1 because it's the most neutral way for indicating disagreement and it just complements the +1. I think that -1 is also less negative than "Facepalm" which we have for quite some time now.

3 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Heart is good, already have "sad", perhaps a full "cry" and a snowflake could be added. 

Heart would be just an educational measure, not a regular reaction. 🙂 

The valid point in adding -1 is that there's actually no way for indicating factual disagreement without any other subnote. Neither confused, nor sad nor facepalm can express that. I'd rather remove one of the latter in favor of -1 (if we had to choose, but we don't have to)

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, softworkz said:
12 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Heart would be just an educational measure, not a regular reaction. 🙂 

Heart was a joke - no idea why I'm even defending it 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gilgamesh_48

Personally I have "disliked" the fact that so many sites have removed the ability to dislike a post. They did it because many people, and I use that generally as "people" is too nice for many folks that want to suppress reactions, are just too thin skinned or to stupid to accept the fact that many folks may not like what is said. They are afraid they might offend somebody so they remove one ability to offend.

I have always "liked" the "dislikes" I have had because if someone dislikes a post it means they are at least reading what is written. 

Add a hate this post icon or a this post is insane icon or an icon for any like/dislike feeling and I will be happy.

My only concern is that they will be overused but various banning actions and/or other administrative actions will become overwhelming to various admins. @Abobaderif this becomes permanent you are in for a LOT of work. Also I wonder how admins that misuse the dislike will be handled. There are a number of admin types here that are at least as thin skinned as I and that can lead to misuse. 

GOOD LUCK  

• Like 1

Regarding concerns in general: it's not like a product feature which you can be sometimes doomed to deliver till all eternity. 

Should any of those concerns become true, Abo can just cast a magic feature spell: Abocadabra - Vanish!

• Agree 1

Q-Droid
1 hour ago, softworkz said:

Heart was a joke - no idea why I'm even defending it 🤣

I got it, and responded in kind. Just throwing thoughts out there to consider. Besides, @Abobader runs a tight ship and as you stated nothing is permanent...

• Like 2