Missing NFO Plot details

Peter448

Peter448

Hi All. Looking for advice on the method under which emby creates an NFO and whether that behavior can be changed in the use case I'll describe below.

I've recorded Live TV from NextPVR (with NextPVR Plugin). This seems to be recording correctly into its correct location with an NFO being generated. The NFO includes a PLOT tag with details that appear to be coming from the EPG stream. I don't know if NextPVR or emby  is creating this NFO (although that's not really my question) although I suspect emby.

The media is saved as TS, the NFO with the same filename. All seems correct.

TS files aren't streaming well and following other posts in this forum have selected the Recordings folder to be converted, leaving the original, and to convert new content as it arrives in the folder. The conversion of the media seems to work OK with -tv added to the filename, but the new NFO is missing the PLOT details in the tag - the tag is there - just nothing in it. There is a whole heap of other tags and content in the new NFO although nothing seems to come from the initial NFO.

Does/can emby take any of the existing content from the existing NFO, and then just supplement this with additional from the conversion process?

Not sure I have an actual issue here so haven't posted screenshots or logs, but can.

Pete

Emby Server 4.8.0.80.

Hello Peter448,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, you are correct that currently when you use the conversion feature, the nfo file does not come along to the new file, although that's probably something we should look at adding.

Peter448

Thanks Luke. +1 from me to add this feature. Looking up metadata correctly for TV recordings is nigh on impossible, at least for the TV in my part of the world.

I guess the process as I see it is:

a. if tags in existing NFO have content, copy into new NFO, and then

b. add new tags into new NFO (in line with what emby does now) for tags that don't exist or the tag existed in original NFO content but was blank.

Thanks to all you guys for all your hard work.

Pete

Edited by Peter448
correction
  • Thanks 1