Emby server will not connect today. Worked perfecty yesterday

BobT

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, BobT said:

Happy2Play. Thank you for your response. Are you responding to my logs or that of PossumsDad. This is a little confusing

Nothing really stands out in your logs besides portmapper going crazy.  Your server log for the 5th show playback session on SHIELD Android TV.

Does it work via ip?

http://‌‍‍192.168.40.20‌:8096

But things don't add up if the TV had access but Emby wasn't running in taskmanager.

46 minutes ago, BobT said:

Happy2Play. Thank you for your response. Are you responding to my logs or that of PossumsDad. This is a little confusing

Your logs look mostly OK. In the event the server might have crashed, is there anything in windows event viewer about that?

PossumsDad
6 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what version did you try to upgrade from, do you know? Did you by chance try to upgrade from something older like 4.6?

I upgraded from 4.7.14.0. Do we need to start a new thread with just my problem? It's the same problem that BobT has that's why I posted here. Please advise.

BobT

Possums Dad--I have no problem with you jumping in since it is the same problem. I was confused when replies were made and I didn't know if they were for me or you. In any event, I have some good news. I used system resore to back date my PC to the day before the problem arose. Now it is working perfectly and everything is intact. I don't know if this is a permanent fix. My understanding of all this stuff is much less than perfect but I am of the view at the moment that it was a problem with windows.  I would like to better understand Event Viewer and how to use it. There were a lot of entries the morning when Emby would not load. My Emby is version. 4.8.0.80

PossumsDad

Thanks BobT. Unfortunatly I don't have any restore points to restore to. Thanks for the sugestion.

BobT

I did not have a system restore point previously created. But as I navigated around system restore I found some system restore points that the computer has listed and I just picked one of them.  

On 2/6/2024 at 9:10 PM, BobT said:

Possums Dad--I have no problem with you jumping in since it is the same problem. I was confused when replies were made and I didn't know if they were for me or you. In any event, I have some good news. I used system resore to back date my PC to the day before the problem arose. Now it is working perfectly and everything is intact. I don't know if this is a permanent fix. My understanding of all this stuff is much less than perfect but I am of the view at the moment that it was a problem with windows.  I would like to better understand Event Viewer and how to use it. There were a lot of entries the morning when Emby would not load. My Emby is version. 4.8.0.80

Can you provide the contents of one of those entries?

BobT

Basically here is what I did:

I picked the date that was closet to the time just before Emby stopped running. Then Emby opened just fine. I suspect that either an Emby update or Windows update malfunctioned OR my antivirus didn't like some activity. Probably the latter. My computer tech guy is coming tomorrow and check everything. I will post what he finds-if anything. 

image.png.dc81deac4384748f61516b4d56f69f88.png

image.png

PossumsDad

Is there any fix for this problem? I have several years of using this software and I would hate to have to recreate everything.

Thanks

2 hours ago, PossumsDad said:

Is there any fix for this problem? I have several years of using this software and I would hate to have to recreate everything.

Thanks

Have you installed Emby server 4.8.1?

visproduction

I don't want to make your progress more complex, but running Version 4.9.0.1 beta fixed my install problem on a Win 10 32bit server.  There is a list of fixes that just came out on the beta.  Maybe some limits of an older server could be helped by trying the beta.

BobT

Visproduction, I appreciate the suggestion but I am confused.  but it doesn't take much in these cumbersome technical issues. First o all my Emby says it is up to date

image.png.1798e6d1f77d0cddd8416df634792370.png

Secondly, I have auto updates checked.

image.png.619968e3fde5659e50631fdb0ca82df4.png

I have no idea where on my Emby server to search out more updates. In addition if is it a 'beta', is it wise to install that version? I don't know. I think that the Emby servers and its programmers are smarter than me and if they wanted me to update to another version that would tell me clearly.  

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, visproduction said:

I don't want to make your progress more complex, but running Version 4.9.0.1 beta fixed my install problem on a Win 10 32bit server

4.8.1.0 has the same 32 bit issue fix applied.  But BobT is not on a 32bit install.

Minus something in the Windows Event Viewer the Emby logs are not really showing anything that I can see besides PortMapper throwing lots of errors.

PossumsDad

I have tried to install Emby Server. It says downloading and then extracting. Then the window closes and nothing happens. I have tried the beta install and the same thing.

I have renamed my Emby directories with the name backup attached to the directory name. Then I can complete a install of Emby Server. Of course that is a blank install.

If I copy over the Contents of C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server-backup\programdata to C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata then Emby starts to crash again.

Is there anything that I can copy over to the working directories from the old ones to make things work?

Phil

• 1 month later...