Emby server will not connect today. Worked perfecty yesterday

BobT

BobT

Folks: My Emby server loads when I turn my desktop computer on. It has performed flawlessly for a very long time. All of a sudden, this morning, it did not load. Attempts to launch it manually using the list of apps failed. No changes were made to the desktop computer. All other apps, software running properly. I am using chrome and Windows 10. This is a error message I received. 

image.png.51f5f386421b4d6b7ccd1b34fb6a6be8.png

Windows is up to date. Turned off anit virus and vpn--no difference. 

Can anyone help with a solution? 

Thanks

Bob

Happy2Play

Is Emby still running in task manager?

Have you started the machine?

BobT

No, Emby is not running in task manager.  I have restarted the computer several times with no difference. 

BobT

Yes, I went to the Windows icon on the lower left of the desktop computer, opened the list of apps, clicked on the emby file and the result is the error message quoted above.

1 minute ago, BobT said:

Yes, I went to the Windows icon on the lower left of the desktop computer, opened the list of apps, clicked on the emby file and the result is the error message quoted above.

Is any emby server log file generated?

Emby Server Data Folder

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, BobT said:

Sounds like tray icon remaining but Emby not actually running.  Embyserver.exe does not show as running in task manager correct.

BobT

Navigated to "Emby-Server Data Folder". Three folders:

image.png.5e551242313e0c818dfa06af803e15bd.png

What to do?

Emby tray icon is gone. 

Happy2Play
15 minutes ago, BobT said:

Navigated to "Emby-Server Data Folder". Three folders:

image.png.5e551242313e0c818dfa06af803e15bd.png

What to do?

Emby tray icon is gone. 

There is a Log folder in the programdata folder.

So Emby does not remain running when launched from shortcut or Embyserver.exe in system folder?

Nimasa

From the server check if the local IP has changed. In my case, it changed from 192.168.1.8 to 192.168.1.2, and I found it after checking the server.

darkassassin07

The IP is irrelevant when using localhost on the same machine that's running the server.

PossumsDad

I'm having the same problem. I had added some video files and noticed that emby hadn't scanned them. I went to scan the library files and noticed that the server had installed a update. I restarted the server to finish installing the update. Now my server is dead. My tray icon is running and it is listed in Task Manager. I am on Windows 10. I even tried to run EmbyServer.exe manually by double clicking on it. It appears in Task Manager for a few seconds and then dissapears.

Any help would be appreciated as this update killed my machine. I am a premire member. Have been for several years. First time in all of these years my server is dead. I am confident that the Emby team will get a handle on this.

Thanks

Phil

Happy2Play
21 minutes ago, PossumsDad said:

I'm having the same problem. I had added some video files and noticed that emby hadn't scanned them. I went to scan the library files and noticed that the server had installed a update. I restarted the server to finish installing the update. Now my server is dead. My tray icon is running and it is listed in Task Manager. I am on Windows 10. I even tried to run EmbyServer.exe manually by double clicking on it. It appears in Task Manager for a few seconds and then dissapears.

Any help would be appreciated as this update killed my machine. I am a premire member. Have been for several years. First time in all of these years my server is dead. I am confident that the Emby team will get a handle on this.

Thanks

Phil

When you launch Embyserver.exe are there corresponding errors in Event Viewer?

What version of Windows 10?

Can you post the server log?

2 minutes ago, BobT said:

I am running windows 10 version 22H2. Where do I find the server log?

Locate the server data folder: Emby Server Data Folder

And then the logs folder underneath that.

PossumsDad

I sent the wrong log file. This one has errors. I cannot get into emby so these are the raw log files. I tried running the latest Portable Installation file and it runs emby fine. That might have been the previous log file I sent you. Sorry for the confusion.

embyserver-63842764184.txt

Edited by PossumsDad

hi, can you zip up C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\library.db

and attach it here? Thanks.

BobT

To be correct, which folder do you want me to attache? I don't see a folder "library"

image.png.e779cc451fe176a9c112341df26a82ea.png

PossumsDad

Here is the Library.db file you requested. Thank you for your quick response to our problem.

library.zip

4 hours ago, PossumsDad said:

Here is the Library.db file you requested. Thank you for your quick response to our problem.

library.zip 150.92 MB · 2 downloads

HI, what version did you try to upgrade from, do you know? Did you by chance try to upgrade from something older like 4.6?

BobT

This is getting confusing. I started this thread and PossumsDad jumped in. So I don't know who your recent post is aimed at. Nevertheless, I did not upgrade Emby recently. In fact, I can't remember the last time that I did.

Happy2Play

@LukeLogs provided show updated from Application version: 4.7.14.0 to 4.8.0.80

BobT

Happy2Play. Thank you for your response. Are you responding to my logs or that of PossumsDad. This is a little confusing