'Who's watching' default option

Ninko

Ninko

@ebr

Ok, my findings from switching Remember Me off...

I'm now presented with the select user screen, as I wanted, and am able to go to any user without being asked for anything, which again is what I wanted, great!

2 things though... First I've noticed if trying to switch user without exiting the app, I'm asked for the user password every time, even though I'm not if I exit the app first, this makes no sense to me, surely that's not by design?

And secondly, what on earth does Remember Me mean when it appears to remember you even when switched off?

It seems to me as if the Emby team don't fully know how or what you want to come out of this new login system, I don't understand it at all!

Guest CodeCat5

@ebr Here you go:

Well, never mind. Your forum won't even accept a video upload of 512mb, so I kinda give up at this point. If you go through the roku process yourself though it should be easy to see the system is completely fubared. 

If you want to give me a better way to send a video I'm happy to help, but considering how simple it was for me to reproduce multiple times with different systems, I would think it should be fairly easy for you to reproduce if you try to login after reinstalling the Roku app yourself.

Edited by CodeCat5

Ninko

@CodeCat5i don't mean to be rude but your problem is different to what I started this thread about, you'd be better off starting your own, your just confusing the issues for both of us!

17 hours ago, Ninko said:

what on earth does Remember Me mean when it appears to remember you even when switched off?

Hi.  "Remember me" tells the app to automatically log in the last user instead of asking you who.

Ninko
20 hours ago, Ninko said:

2 things though... First I've noticed if trying to switch user without exiting the app, I'm asked for the user password every time, even though I'm not if I exit the app first, this makes no sense to me, surely that's not by design?

@ebr

Ninko

@ebrThat version you sent me appears to fix the problem I was having.

Thanks

• Thanks 1