Guide Data Requires Manual Refresh

sundevil67

sundevil67

This is a problem I've had pretty much since I started using Emby. I've been messing around with Kodi a bit for the first time in ages, and while I've always preferred Emby, this is a problem I don't seem to have with that setup, so that rules out the provider being the source. I can't figure out if I'm missing some setting that causes me to have to manually refresh the guide, but it still shows up in my scheduled tasks. What's more confounding is that it seems to happen intermittently. I haven't 'used Live TV all that much because it was always too slow to deal with, but all of a sudden Emby's gotten much speedier & the performance issues I'd been blaming on my 12 year-old MacMini are gone...so I'd like to start recording a few things. Is there any kind of known problem that's similar?

Hi, what is the schedule that is configured for the refresh guide scheduled task?

sundevil67
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what is the schedule that is configured for the refresh guide scheduled task?

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Sundays at 3am; 4-days worth at a time

1 minute ago, sundevil67 said:

Sundays at 3am; 4-days worth at a time

Well there you go. That's the reason for your problem. Try setting it back to the default of every 24 hours.

sundevil67

I found my guide empty again today and had to manually refresh, even after changing it to 24 hrs in the scheduled tasks .. any other ideas?

1 hour ago, sundevil67 said:

I found my guide empty again today and had to manually refresh, even after changing it to 24 hrs in the scheduled tasks .. any other ideas?

You need to know how long your guide data lasts and then adjust the schedule of the scheduled task accordingly based on that. What's the duration of the guide data that you get? Whatever that is, subtract a couple hours and that's probably a good bet to use as your refresh interval.

sundevil67
19 hours ago, Luke said:

You need to know how long your guide data lasts and then adjust the schedule of the scheduled task accordingly based on that. What's the duration of the guide data that you get? Whatever that is, subtract a couple hours and that's probably a good bet to use as your refresh interval.

hmm - it's 48 hours or 7 days ... neither appears to be an option in the scheduled task area

What makes you think it's only 48 hours or 7 days? have you explored clicking on a scheduled task?

• 2 weeks later...
sundevil67
On 2/7/2024 at 4:02 PM, Luke said:

What makes you think it's only 48 hours or 7 days? have you explored clicking on a scheduled task?

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but the choices I'm given ... the attached seems closest, but without a way to get to 48 hours. I set it for the much larger 7 day option...see if it'll complete. At the moment, I can't schedule any recordings & it's starting to get annoying. Is there another way to set it for 48?

scheduled_tasks.jpg

6 hours ago, sundevil67 said:

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but the choices I'm given ... the attached seems closest, but without a way to get to 48 hours. I set it for the much larger 7 day option...see if it'll complete. At the moment, I can't schedule any recordings & it's starting to get annoying. Is there another way to set it for 48?

scheduled_tasks.jpg

There's no way to set it to every 48 hours, so I would suggest doing every 24 instead.

sundevil67
23 hours ago, Luke said:

There's no way to set it to every 48 hours, so I would suggest doing every 24 instead.

The feeds offered by my provider include 48 hours worth of data or 7 days. It doesn't seem to me that should matter, but regardless of the frequency of the scheduled task, it doesn't seem to retain the data or stop showing up empty & requiring a manual refresh. It's what's kept me from recording shows reliably since I started using Emby. It looks like the same topic is discussed here - I asked one of the participants to weigh in.

Edited by sundevil67

13 minutes ago, sundevil67 said:

The feeds offered by my provider include 48 hours worth of data or 7 days. It doesn't seem to me that should matter, but regardless of the frequency of the scheduled task, it doesn't seem to retain the data or stop showing up empty & requiring a manual refresh. It's what's kept me from recording shows reliably since I started using Emby. 

I would use the 7 day feed from your provider, and then just leave the guide refresh schedule in Emby at the default setting. The guide refresh schedule in Emby doesn't have to match your provider schedule, but rather it should be something less than your provider schedule to ensure that your Emby Server never runs out of data.