Apollo TV - No Guide Data and No Channels Listed

bobbrady23

bobbrady23

I am running Apollo TV and have followed the setup provided by Apollo to get this working with Emby Server. I can see in the guide the channels listed but no guide data. Did some research and saw that maybe the channels were not mapped properly and then found no channels are listed to do this step. I have checked the overall allowed ratings for the account, as well as the permissions for the user account I have setup.

Not sure why this is not working properly for me, but any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Bob

Emby - No Channels - verify mapping.png

Emby - No Guide.png

Emby - No Guide2.png

embyserver.txt

bobbrady23

I believe I have figured this issue out on my own. The setup provided by Apollo TV for Emby is not correct with the URLs in their article.

9 hours ago, bobbrady23 said:

I believe I have figured this issue out on my own. The setup provided by Apollo TV for Emby is not correct with the URLs in their article.

Hi, what exactly do you mean by this?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
bobbrady23

Sorry for the late reply here, but I wanted to verify this actually worked with no issues over a couple of weeks. So far, been working just fine and no issues on getting Guide data updated on a regular basis:

These links worked:
XML TV:
https://guide.tvnow.best --> 7 day listing
https://guidexml.tvnow.best --> 48 hour listing
https://epg.tvnow.best/utc.lite.xml

These links do not work:
https://tv4.live/api/epg/<username>/<password>/lite.xml.gz
https://tv4.live/api/epg/<username>/<password>/full.xml.gz
http://api.vpnmate.com/channelslist/?email=<username>&password=<password>
http://epg.apollogroup.tv/us.xml.gz

• 9 months later...
sundevil67

I have the tvnow.best URLs but I still wind up with blank guide data all the time, requiring a manual refresh. @bobbrady23 Can you provide any more details about how you have your scheduled task set up so you don't have to keep messing with it? Thank you!

iiiJoe
20 hours ago, sundevil67 said:

I have the tvnow.best URLs but I still wind up with blank guide data all the time, requiring a manual refresh. @bobbrady23 Can you provide any more details about how you have your scheduled task set up so you don't have to keep messing with it? Thank you!

This is a common problem even with good providers. I have my my guide refresh set up to run every 24hrs @6am. You can find this option on your scheduled tasks tab on your dashboard page. I use Emby guide data and highly recommend you do the same, it’s goes out about 2 weeks which will eliminate your blank guide data issues ☺️

You just have to know how much data your provider gives you and possibly adjust the scheduled task interval in Emby to be something slightly less than that.

I think the default schedule of every 24 hours is sufficient for most users.

But just to give an example, if you're only getting 24 hours of data from your provider, then maybe set the interval to every 16 or 20 hours in Emby. If your provider gives you more than 24 hours worth of data then you should be fine with default settings.

On 2/24/2024 at 3:38 PM, sundevil67 said:

Does your Emby Server run 24 hours a day or do you shut it down for parts of the day? It's possible that when you start the server the guide refresh just hasn't happened yet.

sundevil67
On 2/25/2024 at 2:05 PM, Luke said:

Does your Emby Server run 24 hours a day or do you shut it down for parts of the day? It's possible that when you start the server the guide refresh just hasn't happened yet.

I only shut it down/restart when there's a problem. 

4 hours ago, sundevil67 said:

I only shut it down/restart when there's a problem. 

OK, the default 24 hour schedule should be fine for you then.

sundevil67
On 2/27/2024 at 1:54 PM, Luke said:

OK, the default 24 hour schedule should be fine for you then.

Thanks @Luke, we'll see how it goes. 

sundevil67
On 2/25/2024 at 10:27 AM, iiiJoe said:

This is a common problem even with good providers. I have my my guide refresh set up to run every 24hrs @6am. You can find this option on your scheduled tasks tab on your dashboard page. I use Emby guide data and highly recommend you do the same, it’s goes out about 2 weeks which will eliminate your blank guide data issues ☺️

@iiiJoehow do you specify the refresh at 6am? I only see every 24 hours, or at an "interval", with a "time limit" (not sure what that means; maybe that it times out & quits if it takes too long?). Anyway, I'm curious as it would be ideal to set a specific time for the task... not sure how it "decides" when you opt for every 24 hours.

5 minutes ago, sundevil67 said:

@iiiJoehow do you specify the refresh at 6am? I only see every 24 hours, or at an "interval", with a "time limit" (not sure what that means; maybe that it times out & quits if it takes too long?). Anyway, I'm curious as it would be ideal to set a specific time for the task... not sure how it "decides" when you opt for every 24 hours.

The reason I would advise against a specific time is because if your server is not running during that specific time, then that execution of the task will be skipped over. If you know that it's always up then you'll probably be fine with it, but for the majority of users I would suggest interval over set time.

The interval on the other hand will recover from this by figuring out that it's been longer than 24 hours since your last run and will execute it immediately.

iiiJoe
On 2/28/2024 at 7:33 PM, sundevil67 said:

On scheduled tasks tap on “guide refresh” then “triggers”. This where you’ll have the option to set the exact time. I’ve never had a reason to use the time limit function; my refresh usually takes a little over an hour. This works well for me since my pc and server are always on ☺️

Edited by iiiJoe