Update 4.7.14.0 to 4.8.0.80, server does not launch

Nostromo86
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

fuzzyemby
10 hours ago, nagetech said:

@fuzzyembyWhen you say it took 7 hours, what happened during that time? Were you able to access your server locally at all? 

Haven't updated yet so trying to get an idea of what to expect so I can plan accordingly. I dont want to start an update at 2PM and not be able to use emby at all without warning my householed members that it may or may not be back for the rest of the day.

No the app was offline. No streaming. 

I monitored the logs via docker.

elpirate1982

its not working at all.

Ive tried starting fresh with 4.8.80 and it simply crashes after you log in with the created user on installation.

Does anyone have an installer for 4.7.14 for windows x86?

Im currently offline now

elpirate1982
33 minutes ago, elpirate1982 said:

its not working at all.

Ive tried starting fresh with 4.8.80 and it simply crashes after you log in with the created user on installation.

Does anyone have an installer for 4.7.14 for windows x86?

Im currently offline now

For windows system....

I figured out a way to down grade, I'm back up using 4.7.14 but I conceded my data / watched stratus though, perhaps you can figure out how to keep it.

But here's what I did:

1. uninstall emby server via windows add / remove programs.

2. Download 4.7.14 from here https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/tag/4.7.14.0 (choose correct version x64 or x86)

3. unzip the folder

4 copy the unzipped "system" folder to C:\Users\elpir\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\

5. Disable the internet

6. launch emby server.exe in the system folder you just copied. Agree to the .cmd dialogue

7. Emby server will start, browse to the address in your browser

8. Go through the wizard, advice is to not add library's just yet

9. sign in and go to settings and disable auto updates. save

10. Restart emby server to check auto updates still disabled. If they are, then turn internet back on

11. Complete setup, including auto launch of emby on startup and library / user additions etc

Good luck!!!

Emby devs- fix the damm update so I am not stuck on 4.1.14 forever!!!!

pwhodges
43 minutes ago, elpirate1982 said:

Emby devs- fix the damm update so I am not stuck on 4.1.14 forever!!!!

Read here for temporary fix:

Paul

elpirate1982
On 04/02/2024 at 01:23, ebr said:

Hi.  I think you guys just need to be a little bit patient on the first start up.  The new version will do some conversions to your database and, depending on how big and the exact contents and options, this could take a few minutes.

This is not a solution.

The update is broken. 

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, elpirate1982 said:

This is not a solution.

The update is broken. 

LOL just shows there are zero beta tester on x86.  But will be testing new beta soon.

But as mentioned there is a temporary fix by copying the sqlite3.dll from 4.7 system folder to the 4.8 system folder.

Or wait a few more days for testing the new beta and back porting to 4.8.1.0.

Edited by Happy2Play

scb99
4 minutes ago, elpirate1982 said:

This is not a solution.

The update is broken. 

You need to be careful here.

For people using 32 bit windows the update is broken and a fix is coming

For everyone else, unless you get an actual crash, you definitely need to be patient and let Emby do its thing, in some cases it can take many hours or even days. Getting impatient and crashing it or whatever will only cause more pain and in the worst case irretrievable damage.

Happy2Play

True as not every issue in this topic is the same so corrective action for one does not apply to all.

Crashes and "Emby Server is loading. Please try again shortly." are not the same.

If you're on Windows 32-bit and seeing crashing on startup, we'll be getting a 4.8.1 update out to resolve this. If you need immediate relief, the fix is already in the beta channel in version 4.9.0.1+. Thanks guys.

visproduction

Update: Version 4.9.0.1 beta  has fixed the issue with Win 10 32bit install.  Thanks for all your speed to fixing for an old system.  I can understand there are no testers on 32bit anymore.  

Just noticed two minor lost features in beta 4.9:

1. .mp4 file in theme-music folder audio playback is not working.  It was working with 4.7. in 4.9 beta, .wav and .mp3 audio in theme-music folder play fine.
  2. There is no way to view all collections anymore.  Collections was removed from media menu thumbs and only now appear in the top nav bar... but when you reach from the nav bar, it shows collections only for that library.  You cannot see collections that pull from other libraries.  If there is an adventure travel collection that only use TV shows, then that collection will not show up in any movie library.  If a person wants to navigate by first picking a collection, they cannot really do that anymore because there is no way to see all the collections.
Edited by visproduction
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
46 minutes ago, visproduction said:

There is no way to view all collections anymore.  Collections was removed from media menu thumbs and only now appear in the top nav bar... but when you reach from the nav bar, it shows collections only for that library.  You cannot see collections that pull from other libraries.  If there is an adventure travel collection that only use TV shows, then that collection will not show up in any movie library.  If a person wants to navigate by first picking a collection, they cannot really do that anymore because there is no way to see all the collections.

The defect that was fixed.  If you Hide Collections from HomeScreen it hides from navdrawer also.  

image.png.4e41af9dae6e6fe437c4610a65cbfcb1.png

visproduction

Happy,

The beta loops fantastic.

4.9 beta collection logic:

Scrolling all the collections on a single row on the home screen is in place of showing the all the collections together on the full screen in 4.7.

Limited Full screen collections appear for each library.
===
Okay, so you can say that all collections can be seen.  Here's my point.

old 4.7:
User goes to the old screen 4.7 collections to look for what they want to watch. There are perhaps 8 to a row and they scroll down.  If there are 130 collections, the user can pick from any.

4.9 beta:
User can see all 130 collections in a single row on the home page.  The experience is a little different.  I think less user friendly.

The user can see collections that match each library, movies, TV or others by going to the collection tab in each library.  If they might want to see reality type of TV shows, or travel adventure shows, they won't see this collection in a movie library.  If one library has all foreign films and a collection that matches, the user will not see that collection in another non-foreign library.  If all sci-fi or adventure films are in one library with collections, the user will not see that collection going to another library.

I think it's less user friendly to no longer have a large collection page with all collections.  Scanning a single row of 130 collections is not the same user experience.
===

By the way congratulations to whomever got the odd 32 bit install bug fixed so quickly. Thanks for that.