"Continue Watching" section is not showing up anymore

nanuk

nanuk

Hi Emby Developers,
I've a problem with my Emby LG App 1.0.39 since updating to Windows Emby Server 4.8.0.80
Since the Update the "Continue Watching" section is not showing up anymore under the following settings

TV mode home screen: Horizontal
Library Type: Series (only) -> Movie Libs are working correctly

Restoring Emby Server Version 4.7.14.0 OR using TV mode home screen:Vertical the "Continue Watching" section is showing up again.

Can you please fix this, because this is a very important and often used feature when watching series 😉

WhatsApp Bild 2024-02-03 um 00.42.29_2c4568d4.jpg

WhatsApp Bild 2024-02-03 um 00.42.29_c5c5d7b4.jpg

Edited by nanuk
  • Agree 1

Hi, I’m not sure the reason for that, but we have an update in lg review that will help bring it up to speed with 4.8 changes. So hopefully that will be available within the next couple weeks.

• Like 1

unisoft
On 03/02/2024 at 02:24, Luke said:

Hi, I’m not sure the reason for that, but we have an update in lg review that will help bring it up to speed with 4.8 changes. So hopefully that will be available within the next couple weeks.

Yep, also suffering on same versions...... Many more button presses now navigating away from home screen to SUGGESTIONS.

Hope you put back the Media Center theme (blue background basically) in new version for webOS3 and increase FOLDERS cover art size in Music Videos library to be same as Emby Theatre size as they are shown smaller in the LG App.

Edited by unisoft

As far as sizes go, yes that should match what you see in Theater.

• Agree 1

I'm also missing the continue watching section in the LG App since upgrading to server 4.8. I haven't carried out any other testing yet, but it does display correctly on every other device which include various Android devices, Windows based browsers and an Emby Theatre installation.

nanuk
11 minutes ago, Lid said:

I'm also missing the continue watching section in the LG App since upgrading to server 4.8. I haven't carried out any other testing yet, but it does display correctly on every other device which include various Android devices, Windows based browsers and an Emby Theatre installation.

Hi lid,
as far as i know on other android devices there is no possibility to change between horizontal and vertical view, so the "continue watching" section is working well there.
it's also working well in the LG App when changing the TV mode home screen to vertical ;-)

nanuk

Hi there,
i did a lot of testing the last few days and i come to the conclusion that all changes made in "Home Screen" menu are ignored when using the horizontal view in the LG App.
for example removing the "Latest Media" entry has absolutly no effect on the app. In vertical TV mode home screen the "latest media" section disapears in horizontal TV mode home screen the "latest media" section is still shown

Edited by nanuk

3 hours ago, nanuk said:

Hi there,
i did a lot of testing the last few days and i come to the conclusion that all changes made in "Home Screen" menu are ignored when using the horizontal view in the LG App.

Correct, always been this way. In fact, the horizonal home screen existed before those options were even built. We should obviously update it to support the options, it's just that it will require a design change that some might not like.

3 hours ago, nanuk said:

Hi lid,
as far as i know on other android devices there is no possibility to change between horizontal and vertical view, so the "continue watching" section is working well there.
it's also working well in the LG App when changing the TV mode home screen to vertical 😉

It's there on Android but only in TV display mode.

unisoft
23 hours ago, Luke said:

Correct, always been this way. In fact, the horizonal home screen existed before those options were even built. We should obviously update it to support the options, it's just that it will require a design change that some might not like.

All for having the option to allow those settings to actually change the horizontal view, but against removing horizontal view as that is actually Emby's strong point on UI for us - even if it hasn't been tweaked (i.e. replace upcoming tile with GENRES as more useful)

Dog_Bronson
On 2/6/2024 at 11:15 AM, unisoft said:

All for having the option to allow those settings to actually change the horizontal view, but against removing horizontal view as that is actually Emby's strong point on UI for us - even if it hasn't been tweaked (i.e. replace upcoming tile with GENRES as more useful)

I would never use a Genres tile, while I frequently use the Upcoming tile. All the more reason for more options. Though getting the Continue Watching section back should be a high priority.

unisoft
18 hours ago, Dog_Bronson said:

I would never use a Genres tile, while I frequently use the Upcoming tile. All the more reason for more options. Though getting the Continue Watching section back should be a high priority.

I've never had the Upcoming tile on horizontal view ever work in the years I used Emby with a network quad tuner. Intrigued to know what it SHOULD be showing me.

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.41 has been released. If this issue is not resolved, then please accept my sincerest apologies. The code for this is a couple months old due to the fact that it took more than one attempt to get through the LG review process.

We need to get another new version released asap to get updates out for the new profile pin feature, so if this issue is not already resolved then rest assured that we'll be submitting a new version to LG this week. 

Thanks everyone.

nanuk

Hi Luke,

I installed the new LG TV App 1.0.41 and the "Continue Watching" Section in TV mode home screen: Horizontal is showing up again! 😉

This Ticket can be closed! -> resolved

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1