Linux Issue with Collections

OSBuckeyes4Life
Go to solution Solved by OSBuckeyes4Life,

OSBuckeyes4Life

ok scan ran last night, no collections created.  I did manually create some this morning just to see if it helps with anything.  Some of these it automatically found them from the name I entered and created the collection with image, some I had to Identify.

I will say that folder it wants to keep going to still has nothing in it.

root@emby:/var/lib/emby/data/collections# ls -l
total 0

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 10.44.31 AM.png

Collections_embyserver.txt

What kind of scan? the normal library scan only creates collections for newly imported content. Existing content requires refreshing metadata if you want it to recheck Moviedb for collections.

OSBuckeyes4Life

I did a refresh Metadata and Scan Library Files from here:

image.png.4e637f377966b24b42b118bda1ed4e35.png

Edited by OSBuckeyes4Life

OSBuckeyes4Life

In messing around I figured it out. Let me finish this and if all works, I’ll post the solution.

IMG_5508.jpeg

• Solution
OSBuckeyes4Life

The collections folder needs to exsist in the folder that the movies reside in.  I do not know if it will auto add "new" movies to it, BUT, I did get it to read my folder and it is showing what I had in that folder!!!  

Now, there is still an issue with it not auto creating this folder, so I know you'll say buzz off its working and that's ok, but I wanna solve the issue because there is def something off with the LINUX library "auto" creating this Collections folder.  I only say that because the AutoBox Set was retired and it states "this is automatic now."

image.thumb.png.b21f0dc8a3f31fa3e40428c622af4959.pngThe Collection

HI, it is automatic. Your issue (those errors in the log), is specific to migrating from windows to linux or vice versa, so obviously not an everyday situation. When you use the backup plugin to restore, we need to improve that to normalize the path separators from / to \ or vice versa.

Still, I'm surprised this prevented collections from being created as 4.7 stopped depending on this, so thank you for hanging in there and investigating.

OSBuckeyes4Life

Good Morning to those who end up here.  I have good news as this can be closed out.  The real test was seeing if anything new would be added to the "Collections" after I did all of this.  Well over the weekend I just let the server sit, and this morning when I checked, I have 100 or so collections now, so it is now automatically grouping them together.

So if you have any issues with Linux, create the folder collections inside of your movie library, run a metadata refresh and let it sit, mine took three days.

• Thanks 1