Linux Issue with Collections

OSBuckeyes4Life
Go to solution Solved by OSBuckeyes4Life,

OSBuckeyes4Life

I see a ton of content on the internet but no one has had a fix for it.  I have Emby installed on a Dell R720 (48Core, 125GiB Ram running Linux 6.5.11-7 and using Proxmox.  My container that I buildt is from here:  https://github.com/tteck/Proxmox/blob/main/install/emby-install.sh

Here appears to be the issue.  AutoBox sets clearly has been disabled, I see the note.  I even tried to install an older version just to run it but it does not add the extra option into the Library options so it doesn't do anything.  In the logs I am seeing the following error:  

2024-01-25 10:54:05.909 Info LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for /var/lib/emby/data\collections because the path is currently not available

root@emby:/var/lib/emby/data# ls -l
total 533516
drwxr-xr-x  2 emby emby      4096 Dec 18 15:56 ScheduledTasks
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby    200704 Jan 25 10:54 activitylog.db
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby     32768 Jan 25 10:54 activitylog.db-shm
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby         0 Jan 25 10:54 activitylog.db-wal
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby    409600 Jan 25 10:54 authentication.db
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby     32768 Jan 25 11:03 authentication.db-shm
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby     98912 Jan 25 11:03 authentication.db-wal
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby        32 Jan 24 10:56 channels.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby       131 Jan 15 01:31 connect.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby        35 Dec 18 15:29 device.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby    155648 Jan 25 10:39 displaypreferences.db
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby     32768 Jan 25 10:54 displaypreferences.db-shm
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby         0 Jan 25 10:54 displaypreferences.db-wal
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby         8 Dec 18 15:29 lastversion.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby 540868608 Jan 25 11:03 library.db
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby     32768 Jan 25 11:04 library.db-shm
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby   4132392 Jan 25 11:04 library.db-wal
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby    176128 Jan 25 11:04 playback_reporting.db
drwxr-xr-x 11 emby emby      4096 Jan 14 15:06 playlists
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby     28672 Jan 25 10:50 users.db
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby     32768 Jan 25 11:03 users.db-shm
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby     16512 Jan 25 11:03 users.db-wal
-rw-r--r--  1 emby emby        23 Dec 18 15:29 wan.dat

Ok makes sense that folder does not exist.  But even when I create that folder, it still gives me that error.  Now, my movies/tvshows whatnot are saved on a Synology.  Yes, Linux has access and has been granted the RWX access to the Synology hence my libraries being scanned and this log is looking on the filesystem anyways.  When I recycle the server, you always see the same as above.  2024-01-25 11:18:03.144 Info LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for /var/lib/emby/data\collections because the path is currently not available

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

embyserver (1).txt embyserver.txt

OSBuckeyes4Life

My guess is that the folder is on the FileSystem and we need a way to put the location of Collections on the shared drive.  I had a Windows box and that put the collections folder on my synology in the metadata folder.  That is what the location needs to be for the Collections path.  This worked flawless on Windows and I have had no issues when running it on the Synology, so it's clearly a Linux issue.  On my Synology I already have a Library path for Collections, I just need to be able to point to it.

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.27.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.27.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.26.14 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.26.09 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.25.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.25.51 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.33.46 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.33.26 AM.png

Hi,sorry, what exactly is the problem? I don't' quite understand. Thanks.

OSBuckeyes4Life

Collections don’t work on Linux.

3 minutes ago, OSBuckeyes4Life said:

Collections don’t work on Linux.

Ouch, should we alert all linux users that they can't use collections? :)

No, collections work just fine. What I would suggest is focus less on the contents of the server data folder and focus more on creating collections using the user interface. Are you able to manually create a collection using the user interface? let's start with that.

• Haha 4

OSBuckeyes4Life

Sorry for spending hours trying to help assist in making this a smoother process for Linux users. This has clearly been an issue for multiple years and the best Emby devs can’t seem to figure it out 🧐.  I’m a longtime user of Emby and have pushed many users to it, sarcasm or not I’m trying to be a good community member and figure out what the problem is. 

I can create collections yes. Manually they create BUT, it doesn’t actually add a collections folder. The logs are not showing what it’s actually doing? Out of curiosity, why isn’t collections a file path that can be prefilled by the user? Everything else is.

Q-Droid

2024-01-25 10:54:05.909 Info LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for /var/lib/emby/data\collections because the path is currently not available

If you migrated from Windows that would explain the invalid character in the path. Perhaps the devs could point to where that "\" might come from.

Edited by Q-Droid

21 minutes ago, OSBuckeyes4Life said:

I can create collections yes. Manually they create BUT, it doesn’t actually add a collections folder. The logs are not showing what it’s actually doing? Out of curiosity, why isn’t collections a file path that can be prefilled by the user? Everything else is.

What do you mean by doesn't add a folder? Do you mean that it doesn't add a library in Emby library setup?

OSBuckeyes4Life

So it creates a collection, and it makes a collection in Movies BUT I can’t find where the info is stored. This is all it logs.

isnt collections suppose to be automatic? That’s my frustration.

IMG_5484.jpeg

So it creates a collection, and it makes a collection in Movies BUT I can’t find where the info is stored

In the server database. Hence no files created unless an image gets downloaded or generated for a collection.

isnt collections suppose to be automatic?

Yes, but this comes more from focusing on the movies rather than the collections. The collection info comes attach to the movie metadata that comes from MovieDb.

From your screenshots it appears you have everything enabled, but was it enabled before you imported the library?

OSBuckeyes4Life

Yes, I validated that. From online I also did a refresh of metadata based on your past posts. That did not show me the folder neither.

going back to a comment earlier, I did respite from a Windows backup, BUT that folder still exists. (See screenshots above.) I also copied that folder to the location and still nada. 

I don’t mind being a test bunny, maybe I could copy all Harry Potter movies to a folder and add the library? See if it creates a collection automatically?

Yes, I validated that. From online I also did a refresh of metadata based on your past posts. That did not show me the folder neither.

Again let's focus less on the folders in the file system and more on what you see in the web interface.

Try refreshing the metadata on all harry potter movies. Does that create a collection in the web app?

OSBuckeyes4Life

No it does not. I refreshed the entire movie library and nothing

20 minutes ago, OSBuckeyes4Life said:

No it does not. I refreshed the entire movie library and nothing

This can take a long time and you can't monitor it easily. It could lead you into thinking that it's doing nothing. This is why I asked you to just refresh the metadata on those specific movies.

What I would suggest is restart the server, refresh the metadata on those specific movies, and then if that still doesn't create a collection, then please attach the emby server log:

Thanks.

OSBuckeyes4Life

Ok let me rotate logs and I’ll do both, just to make sure. And I’ll attach logs in the morning. Thanks Luke!

I know you said to focus on the app, but I can copy movies into a folder and create a new library. Maybe Harry Potter and Another collection. That would help with speed and should create the same scenario right?

Collections are based on movie metadata, nothing else, not folder names. So sure, you can add new movies into your library, but adding a folder somewhere and calling it Harry Potter Collection isn't going to result in a collection being created. This is why I'm saying to not focus on the file system.

OSBuckeyes4Life

No I understand what you are saying.  Im trying to make the refresh not take 5-50 hours and puts days in between this great conversation.  I want to know what the heck is going on!!!

ok so I created a folder called test.  In test I have 5 harry potter movies. I added New Library, Movies, Added test folder location, English preferred metadata, country United States, Preferred Image English, Metadata Readers "NFO" checked, Movie Metadata Downloaders: TheMovieDb checked and The Open Movie Database checked, Minimum Collection Size 2, After Import Never, Metadata Savers NFO checked, Movie Image Fetchers TheMovieDb, The Open Movie Database, FanArt Checked, Video Preview Thumbnails as task when media is added, Subtitles English blah blah.  Ok added

I immediatly see the error:

2024-01-25 21:49:11.184 Error BaseItem: Error validating children for data\collections 474 /var/lib/emby/data\collections *** Error Report *** Version: 4.7.14.0 Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb Operating system: Linux version 6.5.11-7-pve (build@proxmox) (gcc (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PMX 6.5.11-7 Framework: .NET 6.0.20 OS/Process: x64/x64 Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll Processor count: 46 Data path: /var/lib/emby Application path: /opt/emby-server/system System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby/data\collections'. at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init() at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options) at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean clearCache) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetNonCachedChildren(IDirectoryService directoryService, LibraryOptions libraryOptions) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(BaseItem[] children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) Source: System.Private.CoreLib TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)

embyserver.txt

Edited by OSBuckeyes4Life

OSBuckeyes4Life

I manually made a collection, then I went to identify it and selected Harry Potters 1241 ID ad the identifier and this is what I get.

2024-01-25 21:47:55.351 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://emby_remote_ip/emby/Library/VirtualFolders?collectionType=movies&refreshLibrary=true&name=MoviesTesting&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=2b5a7b49-3987-4264-944b-229445212183&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.14.0&X-Emby-Language=en-us&reqformat=json. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 2024-01-25 21:47:55.374 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/synology/Videos/TVShows 2024-01-25 21:47:55.386 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/synology/Videos/LiveTV 2024-01-25 21:47:55.386 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/synology/Videos/Emily 2024-01-25 21:47:55.386 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/synology/Videos/Movies 2024-01-25 21:47:55.397 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/synology/Videos/Cartoons 2024-01-25 21:47:55.581 Error App: Error in AddResolvedExtras for data\collections 0 /var/lib/emby/data\collections *** Error Report *** Version: 4.7.14.0 Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb Operating system: Linux version 6.5.11-7-pve (build@proxmox) (gcc (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PMX 6.5.11-7 Framework: .NET 6.0.20 OS/Process: x64/x64 Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll Processor count: 46 Data path: /var/lib/emby Application path: /opt/emby-server/system System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby/data\collections'. at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init() at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options) at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean clearCache) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.AddResolvedExtras(BaseItem item, IDirectoryService directoryService) Source: System.Private.CoreLib TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean) 2024-01-25 21:47:56.380 Info Server: http/1.1 GET http://emby_remote_ip/emby/videos/414709/stream.mkv?DeviceId=eabccf003337af77&MediaSourceId=bc6b9960420b6eaaee42623873906f07&Static=true&PlaySessionId=c1a47606e988485f83c7deff4eb67d9e. Host=emby.buckeyemanor.com, User-Agent=Emby/2.0.98a (Linux;Android 9) ExoPlayerLib/2.18.7, Accept-Encoding=identity, Range=bytes=94128837-, X-Forwarded-Scheme=https, X-Forwarded-Proto=https, X-Forwarded-For=75.179.162.64, X-Real-IP=75.179.162.64, icy-metadata=1 2024-01-25 21:47:56.440 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 206 to host6. Time: 60ms. http://emby_remote_ip/emby/videos/414709/stream.mkv?DeviceId=eabccf003337af77&MediaSourceId=bc6b9960420b6eaaee42623873906f07&Static=true&PlaySessionId=c1a47606e988485f83c7deff4eb67d9e 2024-01-25 21:47:56.460 Error App: Error getting files from /var/lib/emby/data\collections *** Error Report *** Version: 4.7.14.0 Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb Operating system: Linux version 6.5.11-7-pve (build@proxmox) (gcc (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PMX 6.5.11-7 Framework: .NET 6.0.20 OS/Process: x64/x64 Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll Processor count: 46 Data path: /var/lib/emby Application path: /opt/emby-server/system System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby/data\collections'. at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init() at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options) at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean clearCache) at MediaBrowser.LocalMetadata.Images.LocalImageProvider.GetFiles(String[] paths, Boolean throwOnException, IDirectoryService directoryService) Source: System.Private.CoreLib TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean) 2024-01-25 21:47:57.024 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host7. Time: 1674ms. http://emby_remote_ip/emby/Library/VirtualFolders?collectionType=movies&refreshLibrary=true&name=MoviesTesting&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=2b5a7b49-3987-4264-944b-229445212183&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.14.0&X-Emby-Language=en-us&reqformat=json 2024-01-25 21:47:57.159 Error App: Error in AddResolvedExtras for data\collections 0 /var/lib/emby/data\collections *** Error Report *** Version: 4.7.14.0 Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb Operating system: Linux version 6.5.11-7-pve (build@proxmox) (gcc (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PMX 6.5.11-7 Framework: .NET 6.0.20 OS/Process: x64/x64 Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll Processor count: 46 Data path: /var/lib/emby Application path: /opt/emby-server/system System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby/data\collections'. at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init() at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options) at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean clearCache) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.AddResolvedExtras(BaseItem item, IDirectoryService directoryService) Source: System.Private.CoreLib TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)

roaku

Just for some more info:

I saw that error for a long time in Ubuntu/Debian, but never had any issue with Emby creating collections during that time.

I did eventually create that directory (with emby as owner and group). The error went away, but the directory has never had any contents in it.

I just assumed it was a vestigial artifact left over from before the (4.7?) migration to database/nfo based collections.

OSBuckeyes4Life

So I have officially created "Manually the Collection" but as said above by @roaku, my folder is empty.  I did get this.

2024-01-25 22:06:32.649 Info App: Setting provider id's to item 428708-Harry Potter: {"Tmdb":"1241"}

But the folder is Empty.  The Collection Exists and it works and looks like it should, but I don't want to have to manually add collections and or have to remember when a new movies comes out to add it.

root@emby:/var/lib/emby/data/collections# ls -l
total 0

Edited by OSBuckeyes4Life

roaku
15 minutes ago, OSBuckeyes4Life said:

So I have officially created "Manually the Collection" but as said above by @roaku, my folder is empty.  I did get this.

2024-01-25 22:06:32.649 Info App: Setting provider id's to item 428708-Harry Potter: {"Tmdb":"1241"}

But the folder is Empty.  The Collection Exists and it works and looks like it should, but I don't want to have to manually add collections and or have to remember when a new movies comes out to add it.

root@emby:/var/lib/emby/data/collections# ls -l
total 0

Right, that folder doesn't seem to *actually* be used for anything. My collections are auto-created and manually created just fine, even though that 'collections' directory is always empty. And they worked just fine before I manually created the directory to get rid of the annoying error in my logs:

collections.thumb.jpg.e9bc2760a13acd3e9205341e421da7f6.jpg

When I check my nfos, I see the metadata provider collections just fine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <plot><![CDATA[Peter Parker and his friends go on a summer trip to Europe. However, they will hardly be able to rest - Peter will have to agree to help Nick Fury uncover the mystery of creatures that cause natural disasters and destruction throughout the continent.]]></plot>
  <outline><![CDATA[It’s time to step up.]]></outline>
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2023-05-22 21:40:08</dateadded>
  <title>Spider-Man: Far From Home</title>
  <originaltitle>Spider-Man: Far From Home</originaltitle>
  <set tmdbcolid="531241">
    <name>Spider-Man (Avengers) Collection</name>
  </set>
  <tmdbcollectionid>531241</tmdbcollectionid>
  <collectionnumber>531241</collectionnumber>
</movie>

And for manual collections, I see a set tag in my nfo:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <plot><![CDATA[Ford Brody, a Navy bomb expert, has just reunited with his family in San Francisco when he is forced to go to Japan to help his estranged father, Joe. Soon, both men are swept up in an escalating crisis when an ancient alpha predator arises from the sea to combat malevolent adversaries that threaten the survival of humanity. The creatures leave colossal destruction in their wake, as they make their way toward their final battleground: San Francisco.]]></plot>
  <outline><![CDATA[The world ends, Godzilla begins.]]></outline>
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2023-05-22 21:37:40</dateadded>
  <title>Godzilla</title>
  <originaltitle>Godzilla</originaltitle>
  <set>
    <name>The Monsterverse</name>
  </set>
  <set tmdbcolid="535313">
    <name>Godzilla Collection</name>
  </set>
  <uniqueid type="tmdb">124905</uniqueid>
  <uniqueid type="imdb">tt0831387</uniqueid>
  <uniqueid type="tvdb">1079</uniqueid>
  <uniqueid type="twitter">godzillamovie</uniqueid>
  <twitterid>godzillamovie</twitterid>
  <id>tt0831387</id>
  <tmdbcollectionid>535313</tmdbcollectionid>
  <collectionnumber>535313</collectionnumber>
</movie>

That's why I suspect that the 'collections' folder causing the error is leftover from before collections started being handled in the database/nfos. Emby collections work just fine whether that directory exists or not on the host system.

So, if your Emby collections are not working, I don't think it's caused by the directory error you're seeing in your log. It's a coincidence.

Edited by roaku

32 minutes ago, OSBuckeyes4Life said:

I manually made a collection, then I went to identify it and selected Harry Potters 1241 ID ad the identifier and this is what I get.

2024-01-25 21:47:55.351 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://emby_remote_ip/emby/Library/VirtualFolders?collectionType=movies&refreshLibrary=true&name=MoviesTesting&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=2b5a7b49-3987-4264-944b-229445212183&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.14.0&X-Emby-Language=en-us&reqformat=json. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 2024-01-25 21:47:55.374 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/synology/Videos/TVShows 2024-01-25 21:47:55.386 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/synology/Videos/LiveTV 2024-01-25 21:47:55.386 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/synology/Videos/Emily 2024-01-25 21:47:55.386 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/synology/Videos/Movies 2024-01-25 21:47:55.397 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/synology/Videos/Cartoons 2024-01-25 21:47:55.581 Error App: Error in AddResolvedExtras for data\collections 0 /var/lib/emby/data\collections *** Error Report *** Version: 4.7.14.0 Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb Operating system: Linux version 6.5.11-7-pve (build@proxmox) (gcc (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PMX 6.5.11-7 Framework: .NET 6.0.20 OS/Process: x64/x64 Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll Processor count: 46 Data path: /var/lib/emby Application path: /opt/emby-server/system System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby/data\collections'. at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init() at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options) at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean clearCache) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.AddResolvedExtras(BaseItem item, IDirectoryService directoryService) Source: System.Private.CoreLib TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean) 2024-01-25 21:47:56.380 Info Server: http/1.1 GET http://emby_remote_ip/emby/videos/414709/stream.mkv?DeviceId=eabccf003337af77&MediaSourceId=bc6b9960420b6eaaee42623873906f07&Static=true&PlaySessionId=c1a47606e988485f83c7deff4eb67d9e. Host=emby.buckeyemanor.com, User-Agent=Emby/2.0.98a (Linux;Android 9) ExoPlayerLib/2.18.7, Accept-Encoding=identity, Range=bytes=94128837-, X-Forwarded-Scheme=https, X-Forwarded-Proto=https, X-Forwarded-For=75.179.162.64, X-Real-IP=75.179.162.64, icy-metadata=1 2024-01-25 21:47:56.440 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 206 to host6. Time: 60ms. http://emby_remote_ip/emby/videos/414709/stream.mkv?DeviceId=eabccf003337af77&MediaSourceId=bc6b9960420b6eaaee42623873906f07&Static=true&PlaySessionId=c1a47606e988485f83c7deff4eb67d9e 2024-01-25 21:47:56.460 Error App: Error getting files from /var/lib/emby/data\collections *** Error Report *** Version: 4.7.14.0 Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb Operating system: Linux version 6.5.11-7-pve (build@proxmox) (gcc (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PMX 6.5.11-7 Framework: .NET 6.0.20 OS/Process: x64/x64 Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll Processor count: 46 Data path: /var/lib/emby Application path: /opt/emby-server/system System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby/data\collections'. at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init() at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options) at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean clearCache) at MediaBrowser.LocalMetadata.Images.LocalImageProvider.GetFiles(String[] paths, Boolean throwOnException, IDirectoryService directoryService) Source: System.Private.CoreLib TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean) 2024-01-25 21:47:57.024 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host7. Time: 1674ms. http://emby_remote_ip/emby/Library/VirtualFolders?collectionType=movies&refreshLibrary=true&name=MoviesTesting&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=2b5a7b49-3987-4264-944b-229445212183&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.14.0&X-Emby-Language=en-us&reqformat=json 2024-01-25 21:47:57.159 Error App: Error in AddResolvedExtras for data\collections 0 /var/lib/emby/data\collections *** Error Report *** Version: 4.7.14.0 Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb Operating system: Linux version 6.5.11-7-pve (build@proxmox) (gcc (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PMX 6.5.11-7 Framework: .NET 6.0.20 OS/Process: x64/x64 Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll Processor count: 46 Data path: /var/lib/emby Application path: /opt/emby-server/system System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby/data\collections'. at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init() at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options) at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean clearCache) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.AddResolvedExtras(BaseItem item, IDirectoryService directoryService) Source: System.Private.CoreLib TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)

Can you please attach the log file rather than paste the contents? Thanks.

OSBuckeyes4Life

yep, I can see that.  so I have a folder that I use for metadata, /mnt/synology/Videos/Emby Metadata/metadata/........  In that folder I have all of the created "Collections" that were created for my server named /collections/.  In each folder I have jpgs and collection.nfo.  I just want to point my collections to this directory lol.  I mean this shouldn't be this hard.  (Sorry I'm really frustrated).  All my movies are in /mnt/synology/Videos/Movies, Im just at a loss.