Larger Play/Pause and Stop Button Toggle on Smartphone Apps

Dreakon13

Dreakon13

So I tend to listen to radio/podcasts on Emby from my phone at night.  When I reach over to my phone in a half asleep daze to pause or stop the show, with the current setup I have to be very precise in where my finger mashes into the screen to hit the right button.  I'd like to propose a toggle that simplifies and more importantly makes the play/pause and stop buttons on the playback screen much larger.

Not that I recommend fiddling with your phone while driving, but this may be a good option for that situation as well.  To simplify something like quickly pausing a song.

I envision this as a setting that's disabled by default.

NEW

new.jpg

OLD

old.jpg

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Agree 1

HI, it's not a bad idea, it's just that other buttons would have to go in order to make that happen.

• Agree 1

Dreakon13

Personally at least, I feel like the 10 second skip is a worthy sacrifice for something like this.  The feature would be on a toggle in the app settings somewhere after all, off by default so no one is really losing or missing anything, and it's inconvenient but possible to skip still moving the tracking bar with your finger.

Could probably bill it as a "simple mode" for the playback screen.  Takes some buttons away but makes the really important ones bigger and easier to see/hit.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Thanks 1