Subtitle Feature just won't work for me.

sh4ggy

sh4ggy

Hi Newbie to the forum and recently ditched Plex for Emby just months ago. I see what the buzz is about!

With the proliferation of PGS subtitle use, it has really been a challenge since PGS is not supported.
So off to the supported extensions.

However I have exhausted every effort to get the search and download subtitles feature to work other than coming up with no results.

Here is what I have done so far:

• I have ascertained that the file name is relevant
  • Made certain IMBD ID is correct
  • I signed up for both Open Subtitles and Addic7ed
  • I installed both Open Subtitles and Addic7ed plugins and entered credentials
  • Rebooted Emby after plugin install
  • I have selected the movies library via advanced setting, set sub language to English, assured both plugins were checked, and to hopefully increase chances of getting something returned, I toggled just about everything off ( including "require a hash match..etc".)
  • And I've just upgraded to 4.8 Beta

The end result is the same. Every single movie subtitle search comes up with no results.
Please let me know if I have missed anything.

Thank you.
Sh4ggy

Hi there, PGS is supported just fine. Why do you think that it isn't?

Anyway to answer your question, try reconfiguring your open subtitles credentials, making sure to read the help text underneath the fields and then let us know if this resolves the issue. Thanks.

sh4ggy

Hi Luke!
Been doing a lot of research and keep seeing you everywhere :) - coolness.

Whoa, I thought I read that PGS is NOT supported and why every time I have it on for a movie it just sits there, refuses to play until I remove it.
Thanks for any guidance.

sh4ggy

BTW, I failed to mention that I have a Samsung Smart TV and I believe that is where PGS is not supported?

PGS is supported in all Emby apps, however if the device does not support them natively then the server will have to burn them in with server transcoding, which can be a very costly process and requires a powerful server machine.

So Samsung is in that boat.

sh4ggy

OK So I am back into trying to

19 minutes ago, Luke said:

Anyway to answer your question, try reconfiguring your open subtitles credentials, making sure to read the help text underneath the fields and then let us know if this resolves the issue. Thanks.

So far I am not getting any not getting anything pinged back with returns. As I had mentioned, I have read and applied all help texts.
Unless there is something else I am missing? I saw your post about open subtitles and how 4.8 helps with that and that is why I went to beta.

Side question albeit related, since Samsung "is in the boat", would it perhaps work via Apple TV device or Roku Emby App let me run PGS without issue?

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, sh4ggy said:

Side question albeit related, since Samsung "is in the boat", would it perhaps work via Apple TV device or Roku Emby App let me run PGS without issue?

Thanks.

Apple TV can play PGS without server transcoding. Roku cannot.

As I had mentioned, I have read and applied all help texts.

Can you please review this again for Open Subtitles? Thanks.

sh4ggy

Thank you Luke.
First I'll give it a try with Apple and I will :

• delete the opensubs plugin,
  • rebbot
  • and reinstall.

I'll get back and post later.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

sh4ggy

Hi Luke.

I have reviewed everything again.

What I did find this time and got me excited to see if it was the issue, was that username not email was required for OpenSubs.
I updated that, rebooted Emby and still not one sub shows up for a dozen of items I have tried.
It just comes up empty and I get
No results found. Have you configured subtitle downloading?
What am I doing wrong?

• 3 weeks later...