Automatic Library Sync

Kylev2142

Kylev2142

HI all.

I've just started using emby and have managed to get Emby for Kodi Next Gen running nicely for the most part.

The only hangup I've had is that the library in kodi is not automatically syncing new content added to emby.

A manual sync through the addon settings or on Kodi startup works fine.

I was just wondering if there was functionality similar to the watchdog Kodi addon that would update the library when a new episode/movie was added.

Im using Kodi 20.3, Emby for kodi Next Gen 8.2.14, and kodi companion 2.2.1.0

Thanks

quickmic
53 minutes ago, Kylev2142 said:

HI all.

I've just started using emby and have managed to get Emby for Kodi Next Gen running nicely for the most part.

The only hangup I've had is that the library in kodi is not automatically syncing new content added to emby.

A manual sync through the addon settings or on Kodi startup works fine.

I was just wondering if there was functionality similar to the watchdog Kodi addon that would update the library when a new episode/movie was added.

Im using Kodi 20.3, Emby for kodi Next Gen 8.2.14, and kodi companion 2.2.1.0

Thanks

Sure, keeping full sync (also for added content) is a standard function and is surly working (otherwise I would get lots of bug reports to this matter).

If you have troubles with that, I need a kodi.log for review after you added content.

Also I need info in which state (online/offlline) Kodi was, when you expected the sync and a test scenario.

Kylev2142

thanks

here is the kodi.log.

I had Sonarr grab Belgravia S01E02, which completed at 19:36.

I then ran a scan media library from scheduled tasks on the emby webclient and the episode appeared in the emby library.

the episode hasn't appeared in the kodi library yet, if i were to restart kodi or run a manual refresh from the addon settings it would appear.

no sure waht you mean by online/offline state.

kodi.log

quickmic

Offline/Online I meant, was Kodi turned off, but I see in your log that Kodi was online.

So we are talking about online (realtime updates). I see in you log, Emby server reported a new show:

2024-01-21 19:57:01.599 T:8800     info <general>: EMBY.core.tvshows: ADD tvshow [3408 / 72] 31808: Belgravia: The Next Chapter

But I no reports about a new Episode.

Was the scan completed?

Kylev2142

yes the emby scan completed without issue. I can run another through sceduled tasks and submit a new kodi.log

quickmic

ok, thanks, Maybe it has something todo with you Folder structure you scanned into Emby.

Was the episode a recorded episode (Emby LiveTV recoding)?

Kylev2142

episode was not a live tv recording.

it is not specific to this file only i'm just using it as a test case

folder structure is (/volume1/data/media/tv/Belgravia - The Next Chapter/Season 1/S01E02 - Episode 2.mkv)

General is (/volume1/data/media/tv/{Series Title}/Season {season}/S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {Episode Title})

quickmic

Ok, I'll perform some testing. Currently I don't know why the episode is not synced. I come back to you, testing will take some time.

Kylev2142

Mate you're a legend.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at this i really appreciate it.

• Like 1

quickmic

I performed another test, still cannot find the issue.

The last log you uploaded showed, no updates, but maybe you need to wait a bit longer.

You stopped Kodi at 21:03:36 and Emby server stopped scanning on "21:02:56". Sometimes (even on high end hardware) Emby server is not that fast sending library updates.

On my Dell server hardware it took 40 seconds.

Wait at least 2 or 3 Minutes, I continue testing...

Edited by quickmic

Kylev2142

Oh i havent stopped kodi it is alwasy running thats just when i grabed the log file, here is the new one. with hours of updates but still no new episodes

kodi.log

• Like 1

quickmic

Ok, thanks. I still cannot see any issues on Kodi/plugin side beside Emby server just doesn't report the updated episode (and season) Id.

Please turn on debug mode an Emby server and upload a the Embyserver.log. Maybe there is something wrong on server side. I'm running out of options to test.

quickmic

Also emby server log looks ok to me. Are all episodes affected by this issue?

@LukeAny idea why Emby server doesn't report (via Websocket) new episodes.

All my tests worked flawless on my setup. Same plugin version, same Emby server. Same folder structure.

Kylev2142

Might just be tv shows

I've downloaded Napoleon(2023) radarr Imported it at 21:25.

I then ran a scan throught Emby at 21:28 that took around 4min.

The movie was then visible in the emby library.

I waited 10 min then it was in the Kodi library

working perfectly.

then downloaded True Detective S04E02, sonarr Imported it at 22:02.

I then ran a scan throught Emby at 22:02 that took around 30 sec.

The movie was then visible in the emby library.

I waited 10 min still not in the Kodi library

I then grabbed the Kodi.log and embyserver.txt

embyserver.txt kodi.log

quickmic

Only odd I can see is:

2024-01-22 22:03:09.297 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Episode, Name: Part 2, Path: , Id: 31854

I'm no familiar with sonarr, but you might perform an simple test. Copy a file into a show/season folder, scan and check the results.

As mentioned, it works flawless therefore there must be something "special" in the way you insert episodes. Probably you replace an existing file or the imports working differently.

Currently I really don't know.

Kylev2142

so I did a library update on kodi to make True Detective S04E02 show up.

I then downloaded True Detective S04E01 without Sonarr and just coppied it to True Detective/Season 4 and ran a scan with emby

the episode shows up in the emby library just as expected

but its still not in the kodi library

kodi.log embyserver(1).txt

quickmic

Ok, let's wait for @Luke I performed countless tests and it's not a plugin issue, I can guarantee you that.

Emby server does not report the episode for some reason.

Edited by quickmic