Windows Emby Theatre does not change view with aspect ratio

m9x3mos

m9x3mos

Hello all,

I just setup Emby recently and was trying to use the theatre app on my pc.

I notice that when clicking the aspect ration setting from the settings menu while playing back a tv show, it does not change the view of the video.

Doing the same thing on either the web app or the app on android, this works as expected and the black bars go away.

Since I have a surface book, the bars on the top and bottom are kind of annoying.

These are TV episodes that I ripped from DVD with h264 codec into mp4 container if that matters.

I have tried many different shows and codecs and it doesn't seem to work.

It also doesn't work with movies I have as well.

Is there anyway this can be fixed?

m9x3mos

That application does seem to allow that to work.

There is a short delay of about a second but it does apply the ratio like it does on my android tablet and the web app.

The only downside with the HTPC version (I assume that is what this is meant for) is it does not allow the downloads the same way the other windows app does.

I wanted to be able to use that so I can play the files back direct in the app while traveling or otherwise without internet.

Edited by m9x3mos
add additional details

OK the good news is that we are working on a new windows app that will bring the best of both together into one. Until then unfortunately you do have to choose between the pros and cons of the two of them.