Recording TV - Looking ahead to plan recordings in the EPG

unisoft

unisoft

Any news on when the UPCOMING programmes in the Guide/EPG will be better?

A while ago I commented during the alphas about when I plan recordings ahead as its just a list of programmes in a cramped view, with no dates or separation between the days making the view useless.

In contrast when you click a channel in the guide in Microsoft Media Center, it opens a separate page with a clean table view of that days programming and you scroll down each day and can easily see programmes in the future that you may schedule to record from that table view.

Thanks

In contrast when you click a channel in the guide in Microsoft Media Center, it opens a separate page with a clean table view of that days programming and you scroll down each day and can easily see programmes in the future that you may schedule to record from that table view.

Hi, don't we already have this on the channel screen?

unisoft
On 15/01/2024 at 20:07, Luke said:

Hi, don't we already have this on the channel screen?

The WMC Beta (not standard Emby apps), I would expect to mimic Windows Media Center.

I commented on the pre-beta releases with Softworkz.

Current Emby WMC UI View Beta (note: no days or times on programmes coming up just a difficult list of programmes)

image.thumb.png.dbba65132489f58aed32221ad46c7d71.png

The Windows Media Center UI when you click a channel from the EPG, sorted by day and time. You can the press record or double record for recording a series on any of the programme names in the table view:

image.png.e2b9fb042527beb480e57f94746c4e08.png

Edited by unisoft

OK the stock Emby version of that screen gives you the dates and times for each program.

unisoft
On 19/01/2024 at 18:44, Luke said:

OK the stock Emby version of that screen gives you the dates and times for each program.

yep aware of that, but the WMC Beta doesn't...