Switching servers issue

utiac
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

utiac

Tested switching server again this morning with the same result. Authenticate on one server, display the Live TV guide, play a channel, stop play, go up to the user menu and select switch server. After switching servers, display the Live TV guide (which is the guide for the previous server), attempt to play a channel, get "Content not Available" message and a hamster wheel centre of screen.

Attempting to switch servers using Roku remote back button - it allows me to select a server and user to login as, but never reaches a home screen - just displays the hamster wheel and never recovers (waited 10 minutes) until exit back to Roku home screen. When I look in my server logs, I see an authentication request for user 'roku' on one server, but I never see one for the other. You'd think both servers would show this.

More info: it seems I am able to switch servers and play the correct Live TV channel if I access Live TV from under the My Media banner (first image). But if I access Live TV using the Guide button under the Live TV banner (second image) and then switch servers, Live TV fails as originally described.

livetv1.png.cacbfbd4f58cf85b614ea85d37f82600.pnglivetv2.png.39b3d7b6d0381465bad8c90e19dc679b.png

I sent (probably a large) log that shows successful switching servers and playing Live TV by selecting it under the My Media banner. Perhaps there will be some clues there. However, it seems the entry point through the Guide info may be problematic. Log send about 9:48 am Atlantic Canada time.

I think I've found it.   Would you be willing to try a beta version of the app to confirm?

utiac

Yes I could do that but have to be out most of the afternnon today (it's now noon), so would tomorrow work for you? Will check here in 5-6 hours, perhaps you could leave me some info about getting the beta.

• Solution
10 minutes ago, utiac said:

Yes I could do that but have to be out most of the afternnon today (it's now noon), so would tomorrow work for you? Will check here in 5-6 hours, perhaps you could leave me some info about getting the beta.

I've sent you a PM with a link to the beta.  Thanks for your help.

utiac

Replied back to you and hopefully will set it up in the morning. I don't mind testing, especially it could help others as well.

• Thanks 1

utiac

Went through Roku's info about adding Emby Beta yesterday (about 16-17 hours ago) but still don't see it when I do software updates on Roku device. A search on "Emby' only reveals the currently installed app. Will check later.

Hi. Are you sure you added the beta channel to the same account that Roku is logged into?

utiac

Yes, a software update has finally added it. Just sent you a log about 4:45 my time (a few minutes ago). Switching servers and accessings channel through the Live TV banner using the Guide was successful. I made several switches and all worked. Seems like you've got it and we can test further here as we watch some TV most evenings.

• Thanks 1

utiac

Everything seems to be working fine. Have not been able to "break" your fix. Marked the Roku Beta as the solution.

50 minutes ago, utiac said:

Everything seems to be working fine. Have not been able to "break" your fix. Marked the Roku Beta as the solution.

Thanks.  As of a few minutes ago, it should be the release version now.

So, you can force an update of your Roku to get the new release and then delete the beta if you wish.