Built In Ad/ Commercial Skipping

Bridjee

Bridjee

Sorry if this is a duplicate.  Searched and been through forums and can't find this request.

Have recently moved from another media platform and the biggest difference is the built in ad/commercial skipping capability.  

• While watching live TV that is being recorded (watch from beginning) wound be great if the skip functions worked in that scenario.
  • Have the ad / commercial skipping built-in for recorded shows, processing post recording.

Sorry again if is a dupe.  

• Agree 1

Hi, the first one will be improved in the upcoming 4.8 server release.

• Thanks 1

Spaceboy

it works well with the plugins linked in the old android tv app. there is no skipping of in progress live tv at all in the new android app. we don't know when that will be fixed

• 2 months later...
Bridjee

TMCsw

I'm not aware of any guide for this and I have little my knowledge of synology but a quick search I found these (you may need to read a few posts before/past...) :

to setup Comskipper

for comskip:

Otherwise you should ask a more specific question with plenty of details in the synology forum... 

Bridjee

Thanks @TMCswwill do read a lot of posts and kept working through the gaps.   when I get some time I'll get it working and publish any instructions and scripts required.

• Thanks 1

scott46953

I love using it, but right now it wants to do all my recordings at once and when it does more than a couple at the same time it drags on the hhd, can't find a way to make a queue so everyone steered me to use the com skip while the program is still recording it at the same time. But unfortunately the script I need to use scriptor x is not compatible with the newest release of Windows 11... :( so I've beenso I've been waiting on an update for scriptor x... :(

I too would enjoy having comp skit building with an option to turn it off and on with also some adjustable variables, skip is not necessarily plug and Play even though it has a plug-in.. it sure would be nice to have it built in and all somebody would have to do is download a plug-in that would include comskip or the other.

It would be nice to just have an off and on button after an emby update. That way you don't or would not have to be an expert too to get come skip to work..  a lot more people would be using com skip if it was easier to use.

TMCsw
13 hours ago, scott46953 said:

But unfortunately the script I need to use scriptor x is not compatible with the newest release of Windows 11.

@Anthony Musgroveand @Lukewhy are some people still having this problem (basically a blank screen).

scott46953
Just now, TMCsw said:

@Anthony Musgroveand @Lukewhy are some people still having this problem (basically a blank screen).

That is exactly what I have, and when I go to the settings and click on all the links it loads up to a page that says coming in the future or something to that nature. Just checked it again last night just to see if they got it fixed yet, you would think I've been fixed already frown face without the two dots and a half moon

TMCsw

I do understand your problem @scott46953and many others do have the same problem although scripter-x is working on my Linux boxes just fine.

So I do really hope this can be quickly fixed. @devs  

scott46953

Shouldn't have to switch OSs but I guess if it's not fixed soon I will just do that, it's very easy for me to do.. adult several times before. Started off on Android, switch to Linux, switch the windows, switch back to Linux, now I'm back to Windows again.  I guess it wouldn't hurt to switch back to Linux...

Hi.  Guys, please keep plug-in support discussion in the Plugins forum.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
scott46953

installed the latest beta version of scripter-x and it looks to be working now...

I will try the previous posts and report back.  :)

Edited by scott46953