Emby clients pausing/buffering too often - Clients need bigger buffers

hjason7812

hjason7812
On 3/6/2023 at 11:00 AM, rbjtech said:

So now you are questioning the authors of the application ? wow .. unfollowed - you just can't help some people.

honestly there is something seriously going on with the coding inside emby, because there lots of people having freezing of a 4k video me inclided and i have a server that handl;es 4k with ease i can watch 120 4k movies at once on my server but not when theyre from the disc full sometimes 100gb's of data off a uhd does not play on the emby apps for some reason but plays fine on vlc and other players and apps playing through the dlna of emby so it is still using emby and the local server for the data but plays it just fine in full 4k quality. so there is something in the app that is either missing or wrong but they haven't found it yet. because when the 4k movie freezes on the emby app plex plays it just fine no issues at all. and plex shows how much data is being sed while playing the 4k content and it is pulling 30gb's + of data for the 4k stream. so why is emby having such an issue with this? they really need to look into this because on a lot of the servers it isn't a local problem its a software issue...

hjason7812
On 2/5/2019 at 6:58 PM, speechles said:

I see no reason why the Emby app is not doing the same thing. This must be related to ffmpeg and something it is doing. There is no other explanation. We are not doing anything special or different in the app than normal. Something is throwing a spanner wrench into a sprocket somewhere.

it is still happening where a 4k movie on the app is freezing they are uhd direct copy movies no transcoding is happening on emby either so it is fully 4k video. i tried playing the same on other players and apps and they play it just fine players can take the video from the emby dlna server and play it fine the app is the issure somewhere in the app something is making it not want to play 4k video from a ubh it plays stops for a bit and plays and stops constantly. please find the issue thanks