“Go Back” issues with 1.7 Samsung Tizen Emby Theater

JonnyP

JonnyP

Just side loaded 1.7.1 - yes the menu still comes up after watching approximately 30-45 min tv episode. 
Also, new issue with 1.7.1, I cannot go into display under settings to change to blue radiance theme —- always seems to reset theme every time I “upgrade” version. Awesome 

• Like 1

FrostByte
11 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

Also, new issue with 1.7.1, I cannot go into display under settings to change to blue radiance theme —- always seems to reset theme every time I “upgrade” version. Awesome 

Ya, I reported this one a little while ago in another thread.  My Back/Return button is acting flakey also.  Sometimes it takes me 3 or 3 clicks for it to go back.

SamES
On 13/01/2024 at 23:03, SamES said:

I can't reproduce this, so there is something particular about your issue.

• Are you using horizontal or vertical layout for the home screen?
  • Where are you starting playback from?  ie: from the TV shows library, the home screen, etc?
  • Are you starting playback from the details screen or are you pressing play directly from the show/episode tile, or some other way?
  • Are you starting with play, or play all?
  • When you press back, how many times do you press back before the side menu shows?

@JonnyPcan you please help with the above?  Even after 45 minutes I can't reproduce this

On 1/18/2024 at 6:44 PM, FrostByte said:

Ya, I reported this one a little while ago in another thread.  My Back/Return button is acting flakey also.  Sometimes it takes me 3 or 3 clicks for it to go back.

Is it all good now in the latest build?

FrostByte
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Is it all good now in the latest build?

The additional issue of not getting to display settings/Back not working I had already reported in my own post before it was brought up here and I reported it fixed there.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/125031-cant-get-to-display-settings

The "go back" issue which is the original topic of this thread I've never been able to duplicate.  JonnyP would need to answer.

• Thanks 1

JonnyP

SamES

- horizontally 

- playback always started from details screen (either movie or episode)

- starting with play (never play all)

- side menu shows after pressing back button once 

SamES

@JonnyP, so far you are the only one reporting this, and we can't reproduce it.  That makes me think it is a problem with your client.

Can you please try the following:

• Uninstall any emby versions from the TV (store and/or USB version)
    • Make sure you uninstall from the app screen, don't just remove the app from the preview ribbon/home screen
  • Remove the TV from the power for a few minutes (don' just turn the TV off)
    • This will ensure the TV does a full restart/reboot
  • Install your desired app version (store or USB)
    • Please just try one version for now
  • Please test and let us know the results.

• 1 month later...
David Cook

Just found this thread via Google. Confirming I have this exact issue. I've abandoned the Samsung app now until resolved, as once I watch anything I can't go back to home and have to power off the TV to restart the App. No stop button on Samsung remotes, sl cant use that to get back to menu. In reading the thread, I saw a question around what happens when the video ends. Can confirm it returns to the main menu, so at least that's sort of a workaround, but not great if you want to pause and then exit and come back later which, when you have young kids, is needed several times when watching a video. My workaround is using the Xbox app, which is working fine.

App version is 1.7.0. Not sure how to force Samsung to update to 1.7.1.

SamES
2 hours ago, David Cook said:

Just found this thread via Google. Confirming I have this exact issue. I've abandoned the Samsung app now until resolved, as once I watch anything I can't go back to home and have to power off the TV to restart the App. No stop button on Samsung remotes, sl cant use that to get back to menu. In reading the thread, I saw a question around what happens when the video ends. Can confirm it returns to the main menu, so at least that's sort of a workaround, but not great if you want to pause and then exit and come back later which, when you have young kids, is needed several times when watching a video. My workaround is using the Xbox app, which is working fine.

App version is 1.7.0. Not sure how to force Samsung to update to 1.7.1.

Hi, what TV model and server version?  

David Cook

Now Version 4.8.1.0

Haven't been able to reproduce the issue just yet. Will test over the week and report back if I do. Finger's crossed that solved it.

Worth noting that I run Emby on a Synology NAS and that update was a manual package update - I was up to date at Version 4.7.14.0 from the Community Packages so I had thought it was the latest version available to me. Looking at the package info it still says the "Newest online version" is 4.7.14.0, even though the installed version is 4.8.1.0.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gogreenpower

I'm having the same issue, side menu pops up instantly when trying to go back out of almost any position. I can select home and navigate again but trying to go back = side menu.

Samsung emby App 1.7.0

QA65Q70TAWXXY

Emby server 4.7.14.0

I'll update the server tomorrow and reinstall the app on the TV and report back.

• Thanks 1

David Cook

Sorry to report that I still have the issue. It reappeared after I watched a video to the end and after I opened another video the blank side menu appeared when pressing back. Had been working perfectly up until that.

SamES
18 minutes ago, David Cook said:

Sorry to report that I still have the issue. It reappeared after I watched a video to the end and after I opened another video the blank side menu appeared when pressing back. Had been working perfectly up until that.

Can you please attach a server log and let me know what time you finished watching the movie?  I don't suppose these is there any chance that you had debug logging enabled?

gogreenpower
On 2/29/2024 at 9:57 PM, gogreenpower said:

I'm having the same issue, side menu pops up instantly when trying to go back out of almost any position. I can select home and navigate again but trying to go back = side menu.

Samsung emby App 1.7.0

QA65Q70TAWXXY

Emby server 4.7.14.0

I'll update the server tomorrow and reinstall the app on the TV and report back.

Just following up, I installed 4.8.1.0 and reinstalled the TV app 1.7.0. problem is no longer evident.

Probably should have done one at a time to narrow it down, sorry.

I'll chime back in if it reoccurs.

Edit: on a side note, the server upgrade blew away my tags I use for kids/adult seperation. No biggie 

Edited by gogreenpower
Side note

David Cook

I've turned on the debug log and will make a note of the time in next occurs - sorry, I forgot the exact time and day it occurred. I did see it reappear again since the last post also, so I'm confident I can make it happen again some time this week and will share the logs then. 

It's still way better than before following the server upgrade, where it used to happen almost every time, so I'm still in much happier place. Thanks for your support. 

• Like 1

gogreenpower

Happening still :(

but more like the original issue, you can navigate around just fine and watch and episode, it was 40 minutes long, and then pressing the back button brings up a blank side menu. Need to quit the app and start again.

• Thanks 1

David Cook

I replicated the issue at around 2024-03-06 21:37. Log attached. This was after a video was playing for over an hour.

Hope the log is the one you're after. Thanks for your help.

embyserver.txt

• Like 1

SamES

I replicated the issue at around 2024-03-06 21:37. Log attached. This was after a video was playing for over an hour.

Hope the log is the one you're after. Thanks for your help.

embyserver.txt 1.48 MB · 1 download

Thanks.  So did that finish playing episode 4, then it started to auto play the next episode and after about 2 minutes you stopped it?  Then you pressed back and had a black menu.  Correct?

David Cook

Actually the reason it played the next episode is I was trying to get back to menu. Seems with TV series there may not be an option to skip to the end to get back to menu as it played the next episode. The issue itself happened before the end of episode 4, as I tried to go back after credits rolled and before the next episode option came up. At that time I was looking to exit back to menu but a blank menu came up instead.

SamES

Actually the reason it played the next episode is I was trying to get back to menu. Seems with TV series there may not be an option to skip to the end to get back to menu as it played the next episode. The issue itself happened before the end of episode 4, as I tried to go back after credits rolled and before the next episode option came up. At that time I was looking to exit back to menu but a blank menu came up instead.

OK, thanks.  Just trying to see if I can replicate the steps exactly.