Regarding default version of an episode or a movie with multiple files

Zeckro

Zeckro

Hello!

So, I actually have three connected things to discuss regarding the file version of episodes and movies.

More often than not, I add a subbed and a dubbed version as two separate video files for an episode. But that leads to inconcistencies within a series regarding the default version because it seems like the files with the lowest size are preferred and set as default.
I would like to set a text like "GerSub" or "GerDub" to be recognized within a filename and the file which contains this text should be set as default for all series and movies. Maybe this could be an optional user setting.

But this feature will cause another problem, if the chosen default is not the preferred version for a specific series. The file version isn't saved after playback, this option is only available for video files with separate audio tracks and subtitles. So, I would like Emby to save the file version after playback. But you still have to change the version for every episode. That's why I also suggest an option on top: To change the text for the default recognition for a single series. 

I understand that these are special cases and aren't easy to implement but I would really appreciate it. Thanks for reading!

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: