Correctly identified movie has the wrong images.

Kasteldd
Go to solution Solved by hrwath,

Kasteldd

I recently added the movie Robin Hood Prince of Thieves to my movie library. Emby correctly identified the movie, but the images are for the movie Open Water. When I searched for new images the primary did have an image for the right movie along with a bunch for the wrong movie. All other image searches only had images for Open Water. The cast, description and everything else seem correct, just the wrong images. Any thoughts?

Hello Kasteldd,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, can you check the external ids for the movie in the metadata editor? Are they all correct?

jaycedk

I always use this naming for movies.

folder : Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (1991) {TmdbId-8367}

Movie : Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (1991) {TmdbId-8367}.mkv 

Adding {Tmdbid-xxxx} to your folder and movie file, will help Emby identify the right movie.

• Like 1

Kasteldd

I will check the metadata editor later today. I have run into some server issues. Non-Emby realted.

Kasteldd
Posted (edited)

I checked the metadata editor and sure enough the TMDB ID that pulled in was for the movie Open Water. Now I just have to decide if I want to rename my entire library as suggested above. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Kasteldd
Typo

Kasteldd

The file is organized in a folder called movies with no sub-folder and the file name is: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves - Special Edition.mkv. I have removed the special edition from the end. I forgot it was there.

• Solution
hrwath
Posted (edited)

I've had exactly the same issue with the very same movie.

What I noticed was that Emby, for some reason assigned a TMDB ID of 83 (Open Water) instead of 8367 for this movie (like two last digits were cut off). Everything got fixed after manually changing the ID to 8367 in "Edit Metadata" and refreshing the metadata afterward.

Edited by hrwath

• 3 months later...

So...there's definitely something up here. I have not seen this kind of behavior before and I've worked with hundreds of movies on emby.

Specifically, working with:

This is a multi-part movie (but I had this problem even working with one mp4 file - i.e. half the movie).

This shows the default external IDs. the "83" in the middle there is wrong (where open water comes up per earlier posts).

image.png.20254801526879105b9288f9f001f463.png

I manually replace it with this - the correct IDs for all 3 (only had to edit moviedb one).

image.png.61841fdd40f75df98a4a77f04d954474.png

I refresh metadata for it like this

image.png.8cddf74f8ee93b1f259a31a21c446189.png

And it doesn't change anything and reverts the moviedb value back to 83.

So I try the file-based id tattoo approach like this - again i have a multi-part movie (2 sides of the dvd to get the whole thing):

image.png.296d1afa34956f4c752687fa2c309054.png

Doing a file refresh on the library then changes something else....that's pretty cute, huh? :)

image.png.ef261705c76b073c6dd12d0f6b0d60c1.png

image.png.832f2df443815b0c32469b82b065a014.png

So the problem then becomes a mis-ID of the tvdb value like shown (now that the file name fixes up 8367). 66490 is some tale of two kitties, sure enough.

Interesting point also is the imdb id changed - which also points to two kitties.

image.png.799f972553ba3f0e86364a261f72e707.png

I think this is the first one I just can't get a handle on and when I fix one ID issue it seems to move elsewhere.

I'm not quite sure if this is due to the multi-part/stacking, but I believe I'm following the correct way to do this with a folder for the movie parts and proper naming. I'm wondering if I even need that tmdb id value on the folder or just the files in the folder (that is not clear). I put it "everywhere" since I was having issues with parts of the metadata for this flick.

Even if I update the identifiers (tried even removing and redoing those manually) in the emby system, any metadata refresh seems to wipe them out enough to cause a metadata issue.

Any thoughts welcome.

If it matters, I'm using version 4.8.3.0.

image.png

Edited by chops3246

It seems like we have at least 2 points of data showing a truncation of the moviedb id values for robin hood and save the last dance. Was just poking around and noticed another example of this incorrect/truncated id causing a metadata issue.

I found "save the last dance" had a similar issue where it drops the last 2 digits of the moviedb id for metadata. this caused a mix up with the poster/image for gladiator but other metadata for save the last dance.

The other id values are right. the middle moviedb value should be 9816 and not just 98.

2024-05-02232732.jpg.e27ee2ade0d7935fd1549dfc898d528a.jpg

Even renaming the file like this and refreshing files did not change anything: "Save the Last Dance (2001) [tmdbid-9816].mp4"

I see why the incorrect moviedb 98 value is bringing back the artwork for the movie record in general - as this is the highest priority image pull per my library settings (i think these were defaults).

image.png.5c293568a62024b838c111e309a6d1f4.png

other metadata looks correct (actors, etc.) due to tvdb being the highest priority for actual metadata:

image.png.e9d83067f34f3ac0e386d0f0e29dec5c.png

So that at least explains why i can have most of the metadata right but have the wrong art.

I wonder if i should just drop themoviedb altogether for art and metadata?

Edited by chops3246