Major internet outage, ccwgtv not working on lan?

vaise

We gave a big outage here with internet due to storm.

The shield TV’s are fine to work on lan with emby without internet.

The houses ccwgtv devices however are just spinning circles when you start emby app.

i connected one to my hotspot, deleted the emby app and reinstalled, then connected back to my lan and started app, I got the login page to select from a user, entered the password (as app reinstalled) and then nothing.

and back to same issue - spinning disk after click in emby.

why is this?  They are in same lan as the emby server.  Is this a ccwgtv issue?  I’m watching the shieldTV fine, and same on upstairs, but they are Ethernet attached.

Not much to it really -

1-  no internet 

2- ccwgtv connected to lan, same as emby server

3- run emby, it sits there and spins - forever (or at least how long I could be bother waiting)

To try and fix it, I uninstalled emby, then connected to the internet from my hotspot, then reinstalled it, then disconnected from hotspot and back to lan, run emby, get the users pop up, clicked on one, entered password (due to new enhancement), and then nothing happened, back and emby again and same issue, spinning disk.

12 hours ago, vaise said:

Is this a ccwgtv issue?

I suppose it is possible that Google is trying to contact something.  That device is definitely not designed to be used offline.  Can you connect to your hotspot and send a log from the app?

As luck would have it, internet came back and it immediately started working.  This is a real pain though.  There are two other TV’s in the house with built in google tv and they all kept working.  Looks like I have to replace three devices in kids rooms!!!!!

It must be an easy thing to fault find.

while I can’t turn of wifi, I could disconnect the internet to further test this.  But the friends and family have only had access again since last night so I don’t want to cut them off so soon.

maybe another person here using these that does not have remote users can simulate this.

if it’s the case that this device only works for emby when there is internet, then it needs to be removed for an ‘approved emby device’ as I am sure there are users that don’t use these for anything other than emby.

The crappy thing is that I replaced an Amazon fireTV stick for this same issue (and later found you could access emby without internet in another way on the fire.

20 hours ago, vaise said:

if it’s the case that this device only works for emby when there is internet,

I don't believe it is us specifically.  The device itself is sold to you as a mechanism to access internet streaming platforms.  Google may be trying to check something during our startup that it isn't able to do. 

I actually had a power blip last night and when power came back up, my internet was out for a couple of hours.  I didn't even notice though because Emby (I was using the Android TV app on a Shield tube) functioned completely normally.  It was only a couple hours later when I tried to go to YouTube that I realized the internet had been down all that time.

So, I know that our app/system works in these situations.

As I said in the original post, My emby shield (also a tube) was fine during all this and in use the entire time.  The shield pro was also fine in the media room.

This issue only affected the ccwgtv devices.

Even the TV’s we have in the house that have googleTV built in seemed to work when I tested.

As emby is by design something that can (for the most part) work offline, then the ccwgtv devices either by a recent update or by design should not be used with emby due to this limitation.