Linux player "steals" focus !

vincen

Hi,

Sorry for posting there but there isn't a Linux section in Emby apps subsection :( 

Here is my problem (I have it on my two computers: desktop and laptop). Both computers are running Debian (one in 12 and the other one in 11) with KDE and X-Windows and latest public version avalaible of Emby Player.

When I run the Emby player app (and it looks to happen most of time if I use the app in fullscreen on secondary screen), after a while I can't use the computer anymore as focus comes back all the time back in Emby player.

I click for example in my browser window to type an url but I can't: the cursor briefly shows in the browser and then it comes back at Emby app :(

If I close the Emby app problem disappears immediately.

Someone got that problem already ?

Thanks

Vincèn

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, vincen said:

latest public version avalaible of Emby Player.

When I run the Emby player app (and it looks to happen most of time if I use the app in fullscreen on secondary screen), after a while I can't use the computer anymore as focus comes back all the time back in Emby player.

I click for example in my browser window to type an url but I can't: the cursor briefly shows in the browser and then it comes back at Emby app

By "Emby Player app" do you mean Emby Theater for Linux? 

https://emby.media/emby-theater-linux.html

3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

By "Emby Player app" do you mean Emby Theater for Linux? 

Oups yeah my fault 🙈 can you move the topic please in the emby theater section of forum ?

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, vincen said:

can you move the topic please in the emby theater section of forum ?

*Done*

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.

Thanks, let me know if you need any tests, logs, whatever to find out the issue ;)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Watching_bird

I came here to report the same issue.

I'm running Fedora 39 with KDE Plasma 5.27.10 on Wayland. Kernel version is 6.6.11. I use the Flatpak version of Emby Theater, but I also tried the rpm version and it has the exact same behaviour.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
vincen

Hi @Luke

Any update on that issue ? or when a new version of Emby Theater for Linux will be released ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
vincen

Still no news about a new version of Emby Theater for Linux without that focus problem ?

• 1 month later...
vincen
1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, what activity is happening in the Emby app when this happens?

As explained in my original quote it's happening when player is in full screen mode. If you need more details I'll need to reinstall it as it's ages I removed it of all my computers due to that bug and volume one also that is a nightmare to use in the app !

vincen
9 hours ago, Luke said:

OK we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

I reinstalled it to be sure and I confirm it's as soon as you put in fullscreen few seconds later system is messed up 😁