Linux player "steals" focus !

vincen

Hi,

Sorry for posting there but there isn't a Linux section in Emby apps subsection :( 

Here is my problem (I have it on my two computers: desktop and laptop). Both computers are running Debian (one in 12 and the other one in 11) with KDE and X-Windows and latest public version avalaible of Emby Player.

When I run the Emby player app (and it looks to happen most of time if I use the app in fullscreen on secondary screen), after a while I can't use the computer anymore as focus comes back all the time back in Emby player.

I click for example in my browser window to type an url but I can't: the cursor briefly shows in the browser and then it comes back at Emby app :(

If I close the Emby app problem disappears immediately.

Someone got that problem already ?

Thanks

Vincèn

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, vincen said:

latest public version avalaible of Emby Player.

When I run the Emby player app (and it looks to happen most of time if I use the app in fullscreen on secondary screen), after a while I can't use the computer anymore as focus comes back all the time back in Emby player.

I click for example in my browser window to type an url but I can't: the cursor briefly shows in the browser and then it comes back at Emby app

By "Emby Player app" do you mean Emby Theater for Linux? 

https://emby.media/emby-theater-linux.html

3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

By "Emby Player app" do you mean Emby Theater for Linux? 

Oups yeah my fault 🙈 can you move the topic please in the emby theater section of forum ?

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, vincen said:

can you move the topic please in the emby theater section of forum ?

*Done*

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.

Thanks, let me know if you need any tests, logs, whatever to find out the issue ;)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Watching_bird

I came here to report the same issue.

I'm running Fedora 39 with KDE Plasma 5.27.10 on Wayland. Kernel version is 6.6.11. I use the Flatpak version of Emby Theater, but I also tried the rpm version and it has the exact same behaviour.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
vincen

Hi @Luke

Any update on that issue ? or when a new version of Emby Theater for Linux will be released ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
vincen

Still no news about a new version of Emby Theater for Linux without that focus problem ?