Request for tab to view watch history...

JohnSena69

JohnSena69

Greetings...A very important feature which I feel is missing is, a watch tracker...First of all, I'm not asking for a watchlist to mark "plan yo watch" shows...(I already use favorites tab for that)...I'm asking for a complete watch tracker....that'll show a users all the completed, currently watching (and if possible, Planned) shows list...I know that completed shows list can be found in library filters and trakt plugin can track shows progress...still, it would be nice to have all this information universally in a separate tab beside favorites tab...that way I dont have to go to trakt everytime to view my progress...it would be way more helpful than an entire tab for favorites imo...and since these datas already saved in the database of emby; i hope it won't be that hard...

Another really important thing you could add in that tab is "currently watching"; like i've mentioned...(not continue watching...if you've finished a ep of a tv show it wont be available in continue watching, but you are still watching that show...Big brain idea: You can combine continue watching and next up section to get "currently watching"....if it's available in any of them...it will go to "currently watching")

and if you like this idea and want to take it above and beyond...add another few buttons...that will be available inside a shows details page...1. "on hold" - currently watching shows that you have paused 2. "Dropped" - shows that you've dropped midway 3. "rewatching" - pretty self explanatory....       these buttons are less useable...so they'll only show up in a show's details page...details page will have a "+" button to add an item to the list...and from the dropdown you can select these catagories...here are some screenshots of a random app with this type of watch tracker....

I hope the devs will consider this, cause this will be really helpful for people with huge libraries and don't want to go to another app to view watch history...

photo_2023-12-18_17-52-49 (3).jpg

photo_2023-12-18_17-52-49.jpg

photo_2023-12-18_17-53-49.jpg

• Like 2

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at:

• Confused 1