Playback error on new Mac OS server

Ruttus
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hey Guys need some help, using Emby for years now and made tons of servers, linux, windows and even on nas device. But now I'm trying Mac OS and nothing plays. TV channels give the play back error you see below. Strangely On one of the sport event file played once but choppy and I stopped it and then the error returned. I remembered seeing my windows server using ffmpeg alot so I did the homebrew thing and installed it on the Mac still nothing. not sure what's wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated. BTW I'm using a M1 chip.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 12.47.37 AM.png

embyserver.txt

from here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.7.14.0/embyserver-osx-arm64-4.7.14.0.zip

then extract the file I click on it and then it brings the local page for setup, went through like normal and setup library and everything but nothing plays. The setup file did not do an installation like a pkg or dmg file would do it just opened.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 2.19.06 AM.png

• Solution

Did you make sure to do the "drag to applications folder" part? The errors in your log are typically seen when that part is skipped.

i did it just now, i tried it earlier but emby would not load at all, but i deleted and redownload and try again and so far live stream worked no errors. Thanks

• Thanks 1