Emby can't see video folders

JaneDilbert
Go to solution Solved by JaneDilbert,

JaneDilbert

Hi,

I searched around and found a couple of similar posts. But never solved. Long story short: I want to run emby on a Docker.

Folder is mapped and permissions have already been granted. I have other containers (Sonarr, for example) and never had any issue with accessing the mapped folders, but something is not working on emby

I feel I may be missing some user mapping in here. Would anyone be able to clarify?

image.png.a2dac0f11d97e6fb9fc7b847f2cdc7bc.png

image.png.615d650f906f215fc85f42605fa436cd.png

Thanks!

PS: I know about the emby Synology app, but I tend to avoid apps as I've seen them getting corrupted when I migrate the NAS, can't move them without deleting everything, etc. For a number of reasons, I prefer having docker that I can lift and shift.

JaneDilbert

Hi. Thanks for your quick answer.

Some kind of missing permission? And the logs seem to agree if I try to manually type the path (it exists but errors out). I tried to map other shared folders with the same result. But it has the same permissions any other container has, which is full read and write. Even tried granting full admin with the same result.

Is it trying to do anything out of the ordinary? Anyone with better expertise on emby (and dockers) that can point me in the right direction?

2023-12-18 17:27:36.298 Error Server: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.7.14.0
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Linux version 4.4.302+ (root@build7) (gcc version 12.2.0 (GCC) ) #69057 SMP Mon Nov 13 14:21:00 CST 2023
Framework: .NET 6.0.20
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 2
Data path: /config
Application path: /system
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/video' is denied.
---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateFileSystemInfos(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
at Emby.Api.EnvironmentService.GetFileSystemEntries(GetDirectoryContents request)
at Emby.Api.EnvironmentService.Get(GetDirectoryContents request)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: System.Private.CoreLib
TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)
InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
Source:
TargetSite:

• Solution
JaneDilbert

Arghhh, found it. It was on the Docker parameters from the first screenshot. Is not using PUID/PGID, but UID/GID. It was picking the wrong user and not the ones with the permissions.

image.png.d8e48b9a5ae97ace07e5ba73f9f2c650.png

Edited by JaneDilbert
  • Thanks 1