Auto organize

Triplefun
Go to solution Solved by Triplefun,

Triplefun

Thanks for a great plug in

Auto Organize works well for TV series but i cannot get it to work for movies

There is no prompt for a 'movie library' unless I enable "auto detect for movies"
And while there is a library prompt I cannot access the input

Let me know if you need me to enable 'debug' and or upload a log file

Triplefun

Ok, what more can I say

I'm running the latest version of  emby server on Windows 11 

I tried a more explicit heading but it shorted it to "auto organize"

I am tryting to use auto organize to relocate movies to my movies folder as I do for the TV shows

I click on "auto organize" then "movie"

I fill in all the boxes but cannot find a movie location as with "TV"

But if I click on "enable auto-detect for movies"  I get a prompt for "Default movie library" but cannot access the prompt.

I could upload a log file but dont know whetehr you want it as a debug file or not

Triplefun

Hi

I have attached a number of screen shots

1. shot of the auto organize in progress - note the movie files are not processed

2. a shot from the progress file showing more movie files not processed

3. my library movie folders. F:\videos\movies is my desktop PC; \\server1\videos is my movie server

4. a screen shot of my f:\videos\new showing the buildup of movie files

5. a screen shot of the auto organize movie settings

6. a screen shot showing what happens if I select 'enable auto-detect for movies'

7. a screen copy showing what happens if I 'click' the down arrow in the 'default movie library'. This is only made available if I select the 'enable auto-detect for movies'. I cannot make any entries into this option.

auto organize 1.jpg

auto organize 2.jpg

auto organize 3.jpg

auto organize 4.jpg

auto organize 5.jpg

auto organize 6.jpg

auto organize 7.jpg

Triplefun

I have now developed a second issue. I recently added my media servers Server1 (movies) and Server2 (TV Series) to Emby. Previously I just had my desktop. In the "auto organise TV Series settings" I have set "F:\videos\TV series" as my default series library. Instead Auto Organize is now moving the 'moved tv' files to "\\server2\videos\tv series". Note I have 14 folders in my TV Series library - it would not recognize "\\server2\videos" and I had to manually add the sub folders. image.jpeg.b197f9107e227fe502173a98e0d6540b.jpegseries" and I had to manually add the sub folders.

auto orgnize 8.jpg

1. shot of the auto organize in progress - note the movie files are not processed

2. a shot from the progress file showing more movie files not processed

This is normal unless you enable auto-detect for movies.

Triplefun

See the bottom of the movies screen - "default movie library".  There is no list of directories as with te hTV Series and I cannot manually input a location.

image.thumb.png.628a3a381834cc88ab3e0019a82c23b6.png

Triplefun

It recognizes the \\server2\videos sub directories but not the high level directory.
It did see my local high level directory F:\Videos but would not process it as it included the source F:\Videos\New

Triplefun

Apologies for the delay in answering but I have had a number of family commitments. Yes, I thought I had included a picture of the Movies library ..

image.jpeg.1c87c48b115a6ce4891520242d588a8c.jpeg

Ok if you’re able to try the 4.8 beta server it would be easier to help you there because app development for auto organize is happening based on that. Thanks.

Triplefun

Hi. i have installed 4.8.0.62. The 'auto organize' results haven't changed with the movies still not being moved. I still can't input a 'default movie library'.

• Solution
Triplefun

Thank you. That was the problem. For some reason the content type was 'mixed'. It is now working. Something else to watch out for in future.

• Thanks 1