add 31.7 Catchy Comedy, Huntsville, AL 35810

justinrh
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

From GN:

I've verified that 31.7 is available in the OTA lineups for 35810.

Are you sure you just don't have it mapped properly?

justinrh

Okay, here's the problem:  Emby is not adding the channel to the lineup (channel list) for the source.  I confirmed this on two servers.  Even if you delete the source and re-add it the channel does not show.

I can see the channel if Edit a channel and look in the channel list, so it is there, I just can't use it (unless I overwrite another channel via mapping).

I don't do channel mapping, to answer your question.

1 minute ago, justinrh said:

Okay, here's the problem:  Emby is not adding the channel to the lineup (channel list) for the source.  I confirmed this on two servers.  Even if you delete the source and re-add it the channel does not show.

I can see the channel if Edit a channel and look in the channel list, so it is there, I just can't use it (unless I overwrite another channel via mapping).

I don't do channel mapping, to answer your question.

Can you show screenshots to demonstrate what exactly you mean? Thanks.

justinrh

Why does this have to be so hard?  You want me to show what is not shown?  You need to figure out why new channels are not pushed into the source channel list.

Not shown in the "Guide Data Sources" source:
image.png.39f90d74108fb949a07aa0f1e12c9000.png

Can see it for channel edit in the admin Live TV Channels list:
image.png.73da30eecebf48c9128c4b8e03642d25.png

Let me know if other pics are needed.

Edited by justinrh

Full screenshots are best to see context. I don't know what you mean by source either, so that's part of why I asked.

It looks like 31.7 is in the guide data now.

If by source you mean tuner source, then those are the channels reported by the tuner. So either 31.7 is not coming from your tuner, or perhaps you renamed it to something else.

justinrh

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You see the channel in the edit list, but you don't see it in the channel list.  Don't overthink it.  Just fix that and it will all be good.

I added some clarifying text in my previous post to help with context.

Source is

image.png.df2f96e70ea52a7f100462cc0e2eeb7c.png

justinrh
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

It looks like 31.7 is in the guide data now.

So what do you mean by this?  Yeah, I proved it is available for mapping only.

Problem is not solved, just to be clear.

• Solution

Hi.  I think the problem here has always been that the channel is not in your list of channels - not that it was missing from the guide.

The list of channels comes from your tuner, not guide data.

Are you sure you have enabled that channel (or not disabled it) at the tuner itself?

Exactly. Does the channel show up in your HDHR web interface?

justinrh

Okay, now we are cooking with Crisco olive oil!  The HDHR doesn't have a web interface, but I did a channel scan via the app and now the channel shows in Emby.

What had me thinking the HDHR was okay was because it already knew about the channel as I showed here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/124572-huntsville-al-channel-483-changed-to-365/&do=findComment&comment=1310894

I didn't know Emby relied on the same channel listing the HDHR apps did.  I guess the channel list from the app scan gets stored back to the tuner.  Weird that the API saw the channel but the HDHR doesn't automatically add it to its own channel list.

Thanks for helping get to root of this and it being such a problem.

• Thanks 2