Update Emby Theater WMCgui resets settings

Peter Nent

Peter Nent

Dear Softworkz,

After updating to newest version of Emby Theater WMCgui 0.109.0 (woow, nice the snowfall screensaver !), I recognise that I have to set all settings again: they are not preserved during the update: it would be nice to save them before en restore them afterwards...!

Thanks & best regards, Peter

37 minutes ago, Peter Nent said:

Dear Softworkz,

After updating to newest version of Emby Theater WMCgui 0.109.0 (woow, nice the snowfall screensaver !), I recognise that I have to set all settings again: they are not preserved during the update: it would be nice to save them before en restore them afterwards...!

Thanks & best regards, Peter

This might be caused by the fact that our code signing certificate has expired and the new version is unsigned, which means that it may get a different application identity and stored in a different location than before.

The procedure for code signing have changed massively and while we have a working setup again for most cases, we are still working on it work ClickOnce installations.

I assume this didn't happen on any earlier update, right?

Thanks a lot for reporting and enjoy the winter feelings... 😉 

SikSlayer

I've LONG been meaning to ask about this, but since things are still in beta, I never made mention of it.

Not every update, but most, reset the settings.

47 minutes ago, SikSlayer said:

I've LONG been meaning to ask about this, but since things are still in beta, I never made mention of it.

Not every update, but most, reset the settings.

Which app(s) in your case?

SikSlayer

Android, Windows, and once in a while, via the web too.

Even have to log back in. At least my name stays, but I got to reenter the password.

Peter Nent

As long as we are in ßeta phase, understanding the reason now, I don't see it as a huge issue and I'll accept it, although fixing it would mean that we also ßeta-test the keeping all settings function during an upgrade.... 😉

Keep up the GOOD work !

Grtz, Peter Nent

• Agree 1