Recordings not completing

sward

sward
On 2/14/2024 at 4:57 PM, Luke said:

OK I did find an issue where if a stream takes more than a few seconds to open, the server will end up closing it instead of waiting. So that's resolved in 4.8.2.

Do we have an ETA for 4.8.2? I currently have to use a different product to record my shows, but the interface is terrible, so I would much rather get back to using Emby.

• Thanks 1

Ronstang

That's good news Luke, but my question is it seems the issue of the web app for me not wanting to tune has been resolved in the latest beta so it appears you found the issue there also and is that going to make it into 4.8.2?

• Thanks 1

sward

So another week has passed with no release of a bug fix. Since you've identified the issue "where if a stream takes more than a few seconds to open, the server will end up closing it instead of waiting", how difficult would it be to release a quick fix?

Ronstang
4 hours ago, sward said:

So another week has passed with no release of a bug fix. Since you've identified the issue "where if a stream takes more than a few seconds to open, the server will end up closing it instead of waiting", how difficult would it be to release a quick fix?

You have to get in the mindset that "emby time" is kind of like "God time"......a year to us could be a minute the to them 😉

• 2 weeks later...
sward

Good news - 4.8.3 fixed the recording issues with Ceton/cetonproxy, so I no longer have to use Channels DVR!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Ronstang
3 hours ago, sward said:

Good news - 4.8.3 fixed the recording issues with Ceton/cetonproxy, so I no longer have to use Channels DVR!

That's good to hear, I haven't had time to start using the stable again for recordings.  I will when I return from California.  I did test it quickly and the tuners are working again in the web app so that's a positive.  I sure hope you're right because I stopped complaining about this issue years ago because they kept telling me it was a problem with my tuner card....but I have 5 and switching in a brand new one never changed the issue so I knew that was baloney.

sward
20 hours ago, Ronstang said:

That's good to hear, I haven't had time to start using the stable again for recordings.  I will when I return from California.  I did test it quickly and the tuners are working again in the web app so that's a positive.  I sure hope you're right because I stopped complaining about this issue years ago because they kept telling me it was a problem with my tuner card....but I have 5 and switching in a brand new one never changed the issue so I knew that was baloney.

To test your Ceton cards separately from Emby you can use VLC. Just open a network stream and type in the url http://192.168.1.4:5004/auto/v1234 but replace the IP with that of your PC running cetonproxy, and replace 1234 with the channel you want to test. If you're able to get a live stream this way, then you've proven your cards are fine!

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Ronstang
20 hours ago, sward said:

If you're able to get a live stream this way, then you've proven your cards are fine!

Thanks for the info, but I was always sure my cards are fine.  The truncated recordings NEVER happened in WMC and having 5 cards I was able to open a brand new one and replace the other, and the exact same issue persisted so it was kind of hard to claim it's a problem with the card when no matter which card I tried it repeated.  Now, having something to do with the proxy, that is totally believable and I suspect that the fix Luke implemented just works around a flaw that comes from using the proxy.

They could just release NextTV and solve all these issues since it is supposedly complete and running....but that is another issue I won't hold my breath over.

iiiJoe
14 hours ago, Ronstang said:

They could just release NextTV and solve all these issues since it is supposedly complete and running

Keep seeing things about NextTV. Just wondering what it is? Better platform?

pwhodges

New implementation of the entire LiveTV subsystem, including native support for a much wider range of hardware, and many other improvements over the existing implementation.  It was in a usable beta state over a year ago, but it has not yet been taken forward as a definitive replacement for the old.  This is frustrating, but we have been told that a decision will be made shortly - yes or no without any remaining maybe option.  There has been no hint of why they would want to shelve it.

More here:

Paul

iiiJoe

Sounds really exciting. Would the new system still use ffmpeg or something different?