Help using Python to check for a genre

LyraTheLycan
Go to solution Solved by LyraTheLycan,

LyraTheLycan

Hi, I'm using a script to get details and would like to alter it, but I don't know Python. This works to filter by type:

if self.data[0]["Type"] == "Movie":
            return

But I would like to add a filter that checks the contents of the Genres array. This is what I want but it doesn't work:

if self.data[0]["Type"] == "Movie" and "Animation" in self.data[0]["Genres"][0:]:
            return

Many thanks for assistance!

LyraTheLycan

I am trying to find how many movies in the Movies library have the Animation tag, and get that as an integer for a Home Assistant sensor.. Chances are there's a much easier way to achieve this instead of trying to manipulate a RESTful API!

Specifically I am starting with the URL pointing to all items in the library, and wanting to get multiple values from it, so adding a Genres filter in the URL will not be possible.

Thanks!

Edited by LyraTheLycan

• Solution
LyraTheLycan

I've figured it out, changed my approach and used Jinja. Converted the json to string then counted the genre word, and divided by two because Genres and GenreTypes is in the list. It works for now at least!

rest:
  - resource: http://{ip}:{port}/Items?recursive=true&ParentId={libraryid}&Fields=Genres&api_key={api}
    method: GET
    scan_interval: 3600
    sensor:
      - name: "{name}"
        value_template: '{{ (value_json | string).count("{Genre}") / 2 | int }}'

• Thanks 1

LyraTheLycan
22 minutes ago, LyraTheLycan said:

value_template: '{{ (value_json | string).count("{Genre}") / 2 | int }}'

value_template: '{{ ((value_json | string).count("{Genre}") / 2) | int }}