Missing EPG for just 1 channel in LiveTV

tattler

tattler

Hi, I hope somebody can help me out here. I have been pulling my hair this week setting up tvheadend. With so little useable online documentation I finally figured out how tvheadend works. I use online EPG portal to generate a list of EPG's I often watch and serve it up to Emby using the tvheadend plugin. All guide data was imported correctly, EXCEPT for one channel. Emby just does not show any EPG info for this particular channel. I did everything: rebooted Emby server, removed and reinstalled the plugin, rebooted tvheadend, finding and changing to another epg guide for this particular channel. Nothing helps. In tvheadend, the channel is showing up with epg:

image.thumb.png.95d8fc162a197f542325b3fc04fd31f3.png

But in Emby Live TV:

image.thumb.png.a1b3c300241df27ff7f8791e4ea8c5d9.png

I don't know why this is happening to this channel. I turned on debug in Emby server but all I got is this line:

image.thumb.png.e1fb622c3aa93d63cb782997de8679e3.png

I really don't know any more what else I can do, except ask for help here in this forum. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

tattler

Hi, I don't really understand what you mean Luke? That screenshot from my previous post was from tvheadend and not Emby web app.

tattler

I have set UTC as time in tvheadend and also for the EPG's. Using https://tvepg.eu I can confirm that the IPTV streams are correct and is showing the correct date and time. I also remapped the Discovery Science channel in tvheadend but Emby still does not show any EPG for Discovery Science. I first removed the plugin before re-adding tvheadend into LiveTV.

Maybe there is somewhere a setting in Emby (configuration files) that I can fix it?

tattler

Hi Luke, I redid all the muxes, channels, grabbers and EPG's in tvheadend. Cleaned up most of the stuff. Too bad, Discovery Science is the only channel that does not have any EPG ;-(

I am really out of tricks now. Any suggestions that can point me to the right direction is much appreciated!

tattler

Another try for another day: I activated another stream from Canada (same channel but different content) and disabled the one that has no EPG in Emby. Too bad, it still does not show any EPG data (epg bar is black) but in tvheadend I can see the EPG data no problem.

I am suspecting something is off somewhere because no matter what I did for this channel the EPG never shows up in Emby. I really want to troubleshoot this strange behaviour but don't know how to proceed any more. Is there any "cache" somewhere for the EPG data in Emby? I also deleted metadata/livetv everytime I re-added it but this had no effect ;-(

I don;'t even have a lot of channels, lees than 100. So I am not hitting any max channels yet. Any idea why the EPG bar is black instead of showing No Programme Available?

tattler

I finally resolved this issue by switching to another IPTV provider. The EPG shows up correctly now. I am still using the same EPG as the one before the switch. So the mystery is unsolved 😉

• Thanks 1