Embuary - THE Emby Skin - new Look (2k & 4k)

Teddyknuddel

Teddyknuddel
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Genre height is just half (tested with 2k).

The same in 4K. I don't know what the reason is, but here is the corresponding xml file:
    <onload condition="String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkipFocusReset))">SetFocus(51,0)</onload>
    <onunload condition="String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkipFocusReset))">SetFocus(51,0)</onunload>
    <backgroundcolor>background</backgroundcolor>
    <menucontrol>6666</menucontrol>
    <include content="PropertyIncludes">
        <param name="ShowHeader" value="true"/>
    </include>
    <controls>
        <!-- background -->
        <include>Background</include>
        <!-- Genres -->
        <control type="group" id="70">
            <include content="Genre_View">
                <param name="content" value="$INFO[Window(home).Property(ListGenres)]"/>
            </include>
        </control>
        <!-- scrollbar -->
        <include>Scrollbar</include>
        <!-- header bar -->
        <include content="HeaderBar">
            <param name="id">70</param>
            <param name="auto_hide">false</param>
            <param name="hide_header">$EXP[HideHeaderBasedOnContainer]</param>
        </include>
        <!-- side panel -->
        <include content="SidePanel">
            <param name="onright">70</param>
        </include>
        <!-- busy spinner -->
        <include content="CustomBusySpinner">
            <param name="diffuse" value="false"/>
            <param name="visible" value="Container(51).IsUpdating"/>
        </include>
    </controls>
</window>
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Perhaps someone here can find the error.

Edited by Teddyknuddel

quickmic

Cause the height is wrong in "Embuary_Genre_View.xml"

<height>1133</height>

Teddyknuddel

Could well be possible - just try it. I can't check that because I've cleared out my genres and have far fewer.

• 1 month later...
feerlessleadr

Is everything supposed to be super small with this version of the skin?

I just installed the 4k version on my nvidia shield running on my 77" 4k OLED TV, and everything is really small. I'm sitting aobut 8 - 10 ft away (normal viewing distance), and the posters are quite small, and the text is barely legible. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Teddyknuddel
1 hour ago, feerlessleadr said:

Is everything supposed to be super small with this version of the skin?

I just installed the 4k version on my nvidia shield running on my 77" 4k OLED TV, and everything is really small. I'm sitting aobut 8 - 10 ft away (normal viewing distance), and the posters are quite small, and the text is barely legible. 

Am I doing something wrong?

I have enlarged the font a bit. If you want to do it yourself - font.xml all lines enlarge the numbers accordingly, so 3 numbers larger. From  <size>33</size> then <size>36</size>. The XML folder is located in the addon folder skin.embuary....... 
skin.embuary2k-matrix.teddyknuddel.zip

skin.embuary4k-matrix.teddyknuddel.zip

• Like 1

feerlessleadr
34 minutes ago, Teddyknuddel said:

I have enlarged the font a bit. If you want to do it yourself - font.xml all lines enlarge the numbers accordingly, so 3 numbers larger. From  <size>33</size> then <size>36</size>. The XML folder is located in the addon folder skin.embuary....... 

skin.embuary4k-matrix.teddyknuddel.zip 38.75 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks, I'll take a look at the updated version today. 

• 3 weeks later...
djon
On 2/24/2024 at 7:36 PM, Teddyknuddel said:

skin.embuary4k-matrix.teddyknuddel.zip 38.75 MB · 5 downloads

I would like one with a larger font, so tried this version, but, I think there is some kind of keypress logging enabled in this version? It writes what you are doing in the top left corner and I can't figure out how to turn it off.

djon

Also what does the 2K version do? I was hoping it would have bigger fonts and images, but it looks exactly as small as 4K.

quickmic

@Teddyknuddel

Hint..

I think you can define different xml folders for different resolutions. Needs a bit research...

https://github.com/b-jesch/skin.estuary.modv2/blob/Nexus/addon.xml

Maybe something like that:

<extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="false">
		<res width="1920" height="1440" aspect="4:3" default="false" folder="xml-1920-1440" />
		<res width="1920" height="1280" aspect="3:2" default="false" folder="xml-1920-1280" />
		<res width="1920" height="1200" aspect="16:10" default="false" folder="xml-bla" />
		<res width="2040" height="1080" aspect="17:9" default="false" folder="xml-bla" />
		<res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml-bla" />
		<res width="2338" height="1080" aspect="19.5:9" default="false" folder="xml-bla" />
 		<res width="2160" height="1080" aspect="18:9" default="false" folder="xml-bla" />
		<res width="2560" height="1080" aspect="21:9" default="false" folder="xml-bla" />
	</extension>

In this case, you could add the "regular" xmls in the 1920's folder and your 4k mods in another folder and have both res covered.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

I think the "default=true" is the fallback if Kodi uses a res not defined in the addon.xml

<res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml-1080" />
<res width="3840" height="2160" aspect="16:9" default="false" folder="xml-2160" />

Should be enough to define the default (which would be the 1080) and another one for the 4K

Edited by quickmic

• 3 weeks later...
exodus123456

hey guys, sorry if it's a problem, but do you have the zip file of the regular version of the skin? 4k just looks too small and I can't install from the repo anymore since broken compatibility witht the latest kodi, I need it to edit the xml and be able to install it.