Emby HTTPS Stopped Working after Installing Certbot

bitcloud
Go to solution Solved by bitcloud,

bitcloud

I'm a bit stumped after going around in circles on this one.

I had installed Debian (Bookworm 12) on an old laptop. Went through the steps to install the Nvidia drivers and finally used the instructions from Emby's Ubuntu install page. It took around a week for my whole TV library to be scanned, but during that time I had the https side of the server working fine. I was able to access the server using the outside port of 443 and translating through the firewall to the local port of 8920. Everything seemed smooth and working better when in comparison to my previous install on my synology nas.

This is when I had the idea with the holidays coming up I might as well renew my SSL certificate with lets encrypt using certbot's python3 cloud flare plugin. I didn't want to install it through snap, so I threw the plugin on my Linux box using the apt-get command instead. Did a dry run and certbot seemed to be working using my token that was made to change DNS records. I then decided to flip over the local port to 443 and go into my router to change the local port there as well. Gave the Linux box a restart and now I can't seem to get the HTTPS side of the server to respond.

I've tried requesting a new certificate from let's encrypt, checking that my domain resolves, using the purge command on certbot, setting the local port back to 8920, setting new port rules to forward both 8920 and 8096 to the local ports of 8920 and 8096, restarting the Linux box several times over, rerunning the dpkg command without any luck.

When I ran nmap scans against the 8920 and 443 ports it always returns that the ports are being filtered. When running the same command against the 8096 port I will see that the port is open and accessible from both an internal and external IP address. There also didn't seem to be any errors that stood out to me when skimming over the debug log from my server.

I hope that someone might be able to see something I am not seeing or know a post/article that might describe a good way to verify my install? The main reason I don't want to do a fresh re-stall is just because it takes so long to scan my library.

embyserver.txt

• Solution
bitcloud

Sorry I might be having a brain fart, I replaced the old certificate on my Linux box and everything started talking again. Could a moderator please delete my post or lock it?

• Thanks 1