Issue with TLS 1.3 and older devices

Guest PutzJimmy
Go to solution Solved by PutzJimmy,

Guest PutzJimmy

Server 4.8.0.61
Android Tv
2.0.98g & 2.0.99g

On several different android tv devices we are unable to connect to my emby server using synology's reverse proxy with a valid certificate. Works perfectly on every other app, browser we tried so far. Had no problems with the same setup on Jellyfin. When you get to the first screen in Emby and hit skip and enter ip adress, enter in the correct info and hit ok you go back to the first screen again with no errors at all so i have no clue what is wrong.

3 hours ago, Guest PutzJimmy said:

enter in the correct info

Hi.  Exactly what are you entering?

3 hours ago, Guest PutzJimmy said:

you go back to the first screen again

Is there a "Send Logs" button on that screen?

How long have  you waited after entering that address?  Try waiting about 60 seconds (watch for any messages) then hit the cancel button.  Does that give you a screen with a "Send Logs" button on it?

PutzJimmy

We have and there is no "connecting" you can click cancel on or anything that would indicate its doing something, it just goes back to that first screen. Clicking cancel there just exits Emby.

PutzJimmy

2x Nvidia Shield no problems.

1x "Boxer" tv channel providers android box no problems.

2x Mi box 4 gen 2 no problems.

3x Mi box 3 no luck

4x Mi box 4 gen 1 no luck

3x TCL tv's no luck

Tested some more, funny thing is Emby android phone app has no problems so far nor has casting to the devices that cant get into the app 😅 No one has seen a error yet

PutzJimmy

Exactly the same thing happens with http and we also tried setting the port to 0, 00, 000 from a forum post I saw, still just goes to the first screen with zero errors/info on whats going on

GrimReaper
18 minutes ago, PutzJimmy said:

we also tried setting the port to 0, 00, 000 from a forum post I saw

Could you pls post a link to that post? 

PutzJimmy

Cant find that post and i don't remember who wrote that either, but the idea was that setting the port to "null" would use 443 anyway from the https or something like that. But it didn't do anything different then entering it correctly

44 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Could you pls post a link to that post? 

30 minutes ago, PutzJimmy said:

Cant find that post and i don't remember who wrote that either, but the idea was that setting the port to "null" would use 443 anyway from the https or something like that. But it didn't do anything different then entering it correctly

This is that post. But it was in regards to the Roku where to use an empty port the value must equate to zero. We will be improving this so you can also just leave it blank.

• Thanks 1

PutzJimmy

Yes that's the one! Yeh I tried it anyway, cant hurt and this is so odd and really annoying with no errors to go on, and that some devices work and some dont driving me nuts 😅

PutzJimmy

That one connected instantly on two not working devices and casting to all of them works so it has to be something wrong with the android tv app

Edited by PutzJimmy

On 12/9/2023 at 4:03 PM, PutzJimmy said:

That one connected instantly on two not working devices and casting to all of them works so it has to be something wrong with the android tv app

HI, thanks for confirming. Are you happy continuing to use that? It fully supports TV devices.

PutzJimmy

Well casting sucks both for users and for server that constantly have to do unnecessary transcodes. The Android app I don't mind who knows how to do it, my family & friends tho is a different story 😵‍💫😂

We are working on getting it into the store for TV devices, so that will make it easier for your friends and family to install.

PutzJimmy

Two users on boxes that didn't work with the Android Tv app but now works with the Android phone app is now getting this trying to play anything, trailers do play tho and everything works on phones and windows emby player at their place

signal-2023-12-16-231936_002.jpeg

Edited by PutzJimmy

On 12/22/2023 at 1:35 AM, PutzJimmy said:

I went threw all the menus there is no "Debug Options".

This is what server logs show https://pastebin.com/Ti1DG0SV the "Android 9; MIBOX3"

IMG_20231222_071101.HEIC 988.57 kB · 1 download IMG_20231222_071050.HEIC 640.6 kB · 0 downloads

@PutzJimmycan you please attach the complete emby server log? Also was an ffmpeg log generated? Please attach that as well. Thanks.

PutzJimmy

All it generated was the embyserver.txt and hardware_detection-63839204230.txt https://pastebin.com/Y3Fi2Gia but here you have what happens when we tried from a mi box 3 and 4.

Was at my sister over the Christmas "God Jul 🎄" and was able to experiment around myself and found that her LG webOS tv had the Emby app but it had the same problem as the Android Tv app, would not connect to server whatsoever. Her Android Phones, Android tablets, web browsers, Windows Emby app and casting to her mi box 4 works "crappy as fuck tho ala chromecast 😅" but the Android phone app on mi box wont play anything no matter what settings ive tried

Edited by PutzJimmy