Chapter select screen on android mobile app

rantony420

rantony420

Mobile android app only has seeking, with just the chapter name above where you tap.

It would be really useful to have a list of chapters displayed. Maybe a button for this, or a hamburger menu with this chapter selection button on it. Or even holding the next/previous or skip forward/backward will be an option to being up the list of chapters screen

Otherwise it's hard to go precisely to start of a chapter

seanbuff

Can you not use the Chapters tab on the OSD to select from the vertical row of chapter thumbs?

rantony420

It doesnt have thumbnails. How do I get that feature to work? Is there any documentation?

It works on android tv, just not on mobile.

Do you have screenshots for mobile

Edited by rantony420

rantony420

I suspect it's to do with pixel density or screen size or media queries as someone else has it working on there larger phone.

So I've gone to settings and set soom side to minimum and now shows.Screenshot_20231205-003527_Emby.thumb.jpg.2efc26536d7e9357861ccd6626f03f40.jpg

Screenshot_20231205-003437_Settings.jpg

Edited by rantony420

rantony420

If you're looking into though, I dont think it's a good design to have that feature based on screen size.

Particularly as there is a setting in the android app that asks what device you are using, tv, mobile, tablet, web or auto.

So that should be driving factor to feature flag the buttons

rantony420

Also would be great to show the buttons when mobile is in portrait mode. Lots or vertical screen real estate so seems wasted to not show it.

If media queries/screen size has to be used ,  maybe it should be based on height of screen