I need a new version after "EmbyServer_4.4.2.0-1_apollolake"

chihiro star

chihiro star

I need a new version after "EmbyServer_4.4.2.0-1-apollolake" because it is already too old. Installing the official latest version directly will result in the inability to start EMBY. My system is DS918, version 6.2.3

Hi, are you able to update to DSM 7? You probably want to do that and then follow this:

Please note, you're coming from an Emby Server version that is so old that you may want to consider doing a fresh install.

chihiro star

For some reason, I don't really want to upgrade to 7, so can I still update the EMBY version while maintaining 6.2.3? Currently, version 4.4 cannot install plugins

chihiro star
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you able to update to DSM 7? You probably want to do that and then follow this:

Please note, you're coming from an Emby Server version that is so old that you may want to consider doing a fresh install.

For some reason, I don't really want to upgrade to 7, so can I still update the EMBY version while maintaining 6.2.3? Currently, version 4.4 cannot install plugins

You can definitely install the latest version, but whether you will have a smooth transition or not, I'm not sure. That's why you might be better off with a fresh install if you're willing to do that.

The 4.4 package was developed by a community contributor. Then starting in 4.5 we took over that process and rebuilt the Synology package from the ground up. So that's the first challenge is that they're not the same package anymore. The next challenge is that you're coming from such an old version, so if you install 4.7.14, the majority of our upgrade testing has been upgrading 4.6 to 4.7, not 4.4.

Are you open to a fresh install, or do you want to try installing the latest 4.7 and we can try and figure out why it won't start?

chihiro star
57 minutes ago, Luke said:

You can definitely install the latest version, but whether you will have a smooth transition or not, I'm not sure. That's why you might be better off with a fresh install if you're willing to do that.

The 4.4 package was developed by a community contributor. Then starting in 4.5 we took over that process and rebuilt the Synology package from the ground up. So that's the first challenge is that they're not the same package anymore. The next challenge is that you're coming from such an old version, so if you install 4.7.14, the majority of our upgrade testing has been upgrading 4.6 to 4.7, not 4.4.

Are you open to a fresh install, or do you want to try installing the latest 4.7 and we can try and figure out why it won't start?

Okay, thank you very much. I think I can reinstall EMBY because installing DSM requires resetting too much content. However, what I want to say is that I have tried removing EMBY version 4.4 and reinstalling versions 4.5, 4.6, and 4.7 before, but it still cannot start,

On 11/30/2023 at 2:29 AM, chihiro star said:

Okay, thank you very much. I think I can reinstall EMBY because installing DSM requires resetting too much content. However, what I want to say is that I have tried removing EMBY version 4.4 and reinstalling versions 4.5, 4.6, and 4.7 before, but it still cannot start,

Is any Emby Server log file generated?

Emby Server Data Folder

chihiro star
6 hours ago, Luke said:

I thought you already had. What version do you have installed now?

I have currently installed "EmbyServer_4.4.2.0-1-apollolake"... I have tried other versions before, but they have all been removed because they are not available.

chihiro star
1 hour ago, chihiro star said:

I have currently installed "EmbyServer_4.4.2.0-1-apollolake"... I have tried other versions before, but they have all been removed because they are not available.

The system prompts that the storage location for the logs is:/var/packages/EmbayServer/target/var/logs, but I see that the dates are all the latest December

chihiro star
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Are there any log files in there from when the server tried to start with a newer version?

I haven't installed the latest version yet。

I have found some logs related to EMBY. May I ask the name of the log you need?
What has been discovered so far are:
Synopkg_ Embyserver_ Servicing.log
Embyserver.log
Embyserver-63837158399.log

chihiro star
3 hours ago, chihiro star said:

I haven't installed the latest version yet。

I have found some logs related to EMBY. May I ask the name of the log you need?
What has been discovered so far are:
Synopkg_ Embyserver_ Servicing.log
Embyserver.log
Embyserver-63837158399.log

May I ask if there is a“ https://emby.media/synology6-server.html ”Should I choose "64 bit NAS" or "32 bit (X86)"

chihiro star
9 hours ago, Luke said:

For DS918 it sounds like you want the 64-bit package.

Hello, I have installed software version number "4.7.14.0-604071400" and it is no longer enabled. Where do I need to see the logs you need now?
I haven't seen any logs at these addresses
"There is no '/var/log' under this address:/var/packages/EmbayServer/target/"
There is still a file called "synopkg_embyservers_services.log" under the address "/var/log", but the content after installing "4.7" has not been updated.
There is a file called "syncpkg. log" under the address "/var/log", which contains records of installation and uninstallation. I have uploaded the relevant parts of the file in the attachment
"@ appdata" was not found in both "/volume1/" and "/volume2/"emby-server-synology_4.7.14.0_x86_64.spkemby-server-synology_4.7.14.0_x86_64.spk

emby-server-synology_4.7.14.0_x86_64.spk synopkg.txt

chihiro star
On 12/6/2023 at 2:00 AM, Luke said:

对于 DS918,听起来您想要 64 位软件包。

I have already installed the latest version of emby. May I know what my next steps are?

1 hour ago, chihiro star said:

YES,"@ appdata" was not found in both "/volume1/" and "/volume2/"

How were you trying to locate it? did you follow the SSH instructions?

chihiro star
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

How were you trying to locate it? did you follow the SSH instructions?

Yes, I opened port 22 and searched once with a ROOT account login using WINSCP software

chihiro star
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

I see an Emby folder in your first screenshot.

Yes, it's because I installed EMBY on volume2. Will there be any logs inside?