How to recover data from a non-operable NAS (Thecus N4100Pro)

AntoniPvP
Go to solution Solved by Q-Droid,

AntoniPvP

My Thecus N4100Pro don’t turn on, it may be out of order.
What should I do with all the data that’s still on the disks? (I hope that all drives are working and my data is still there)
There is no way to access the files by just connecting the disks to the computer. I can’t try replacing the device itself - there is no similar device available.
What should I do to read the disks and retrieve information from there? Or, is there any well-tested data recovery tools for NAS solutions?

There is no way to access the files by just connecting the disks to the computer. I

Hi, what happens when you try?

• Solution
Q-Droid

Can you test the PSU or have it tested? It might be as simple as replacing that.

Many NAS appliances are based on Linux using standard volume managers and filesystems.

I can't vouch for them but if your NAS is dead this might help you with data recovery - https://hetmanrecovery.com/recovery_news/how-to-recover-data-from-thecus-nas-n4100pro-raid.htm

AntoniPvP
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what happens when you try?

Windows suggest to initialize or format the drives to be able to access them.

image.png

AntoniPvP
12 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

Can you test the PSU or have it tested? It might be as simple as replacing that.

Yes, I tested it - it works

AntoniPvP
12 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

I can't vouch for them but if your NAS is dead this might help you with data recovery - https://hetmanrecovery.com/recovery_news/how-to-recover-data-from-thecus-nas-n4100pro-raid.htm

I tried the data recovery method described in this article, and everything worked out for me. The proposed program perfectly coped with its task.
Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

image.png

• Thanks 2