Can the network data usage be reduced while playing videos with Infuse

heruofan

heruofan

I've found that using Infuse Pro on iOS to connect to my own Emby server seems to offer a better experience than the native Emby app. However, it appears that all videos are played in their original format, which not only consumes a lot of data but may also cause buffering issues. Is there a way to reduce the bitrate (such as having the Emby server compress the video) and then play it remotely through Infuse? Ideally, it would be convenient to easily adjust this setting.

Appreciate!

HI there, why do you think it's a better experience?

As far as bandwidth goes, i think this is a question that should be posed to the infuse developers.

heruofan

Ah sorry to say that 

as to my experience the infuse is more stable when playing some videos (I didn’t use Emby iOS for a while, in history some videos likes to freeze or even cause suddenly quit when start to play)

and

1’ Emby iOS do auto landscape when I start to play, and if I lock the spin in the iOS setting I can not use some button to do that from the app, so I have to unlock the spin and then spin the body manually to get the landscape experience

2’ I always used 1.5x speed to play the video, I can not choose this speed as default speed, so I have to adjust every video, really hope can set up a option to choose default playback speed 

heruofan
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Maybe you could give it another try?

yes and can you consider to add the funcions I mentioned above? appreciate~

HI, yes it's possible but I would suggest giving the internal player another try in the latest update to Emby for iOS. Thanks.