Plugins catalogue not loading

Pieterdc

Pieterdc

Hi all

I recently installed the Emby docker image on my synology DS918+ with 8 Gb ram. 

docker emby version: 4.7.14.0

All is working well, only if you open the plugins catalogue it keeps loading.

In the logs i get the following error;

2023-11-27 10:54:08.548 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out
2023-11-27 10:54:08.563 Error Server: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.7.14.0
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build3) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42962 SMP Mon May 29 14:38:23 CST 2023
Framework: .NET 6.0.20
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 4
Data path: /config
Application path: /system
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out
---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 20 seconds elapsing.
---> System.TimeoutException: A task was canceled.
---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.

I googled some, most (if not all) of the solutions mention the firewall, but I can ping https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json from inside the docker container, so I think there are no issues here. 

If you don't have enough info, please let me know. 

Thanks in advance!

emby_log.txt

3 hours ago, Pieterdc said:

but I can ping

Hi.  That would be from a different app than your server.  Firewalls block/allow by process.  Did you check to be sure your Firewall is not blocking and is allowing the server?

Pieterdc
33 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That would be from a different app than your server.  Firewalls block/allow by process.  Did you check to be sure your Firewall is not blocking and is allowing the server?

Hi

Yeah, nothing is blocking the traffic, unfortunately even if I disable the firewall I have the same issue.

If nothing is blocking then the server just may not have access to the internet at all.  Bottom line, your server cannot reach ours for some reason - most likely local network configuration.

Pieterdc
15 hours ago, Luke said:

A VPN could also be causing this. Are you behind one?

I'm not using a VPN.

17 hours ago, ebr said:

If nothing is blocking then the server just may not have access to the internet at all.  Bottom line, your server cannot reach ours for some reason - most likely local network configuration.

I have no special config on my lan. Weird thing was that the catalogue loaded yesterday evening, but now when I try again it doesn't load anymore. 

Cant find the logs of the successful load, my bad but I did't change any config sinds 3 days+ so I'm not sure why it worked yesterday.

Is it possible something is blocked by my ISP, would be weird because its outgoing traffic but still.